* Long-Awaited Soviet Uniform Mod Released *

It's ready. Get it here!

Inlcudes everything but airborne and tank crew BMPs. Included in the download is a separate "option pack" that contains alternate helmet and uniform textures. I'm working on a green version of the mod, too, but that won't be done for a while.

Pix of the finished product:

Red Guards

guards.jpg

Naval HQ and MG

naval.jpg

Naval infantry wear standard army gymnastiorkas with naval insignia and caps, where appropriate. They're meant to be an alternative to the original "pea coat" BMPs, which are pretty cool (my favorite of the originals, really) so back them up.

Cavalry

cavalry.jpg

And, lastly, regular infantry with optional raincapes and "red star" helmets. options.jpg

These helmets were included in one of my winter mods. They were pointed out to me as being ahistorical, but people liked them and they look cool. I have seen "original" helmets with markings like this as well as period artwork depicting such markings, so there is a possibility they were used by someone at some point. smile.gif

Originally posted by Ant:

Thanks Andrew.

Only one small observation though: In all the pictures and illustrations I've seen the rain cape seems to have been worn exclusively over the left shoulder.

But apart from that minor niggle a very welcome mod.

Now he tells me... :D Oh well, that's why it's an option, I guess. I made it the way it is because that's what looked best with the mod and interfered the least with the existing fieldgear, etc.,

On another subject, early-war uniforms are on deck. I'm using the 1941-pattern subdued collar insignia which simplifies matters a lot! Can anyone tell me what the subdued NCO collar tabs looked like (as seen on the Soviet support uniform BMPs)? The originals, which use the standard color-coded insignia, have a lengthwise black stripe/line going throught the tabs. Any help would be appreciated, I want to make the mod as accurate as I can.

And, for those of you privy to the news in my earlier preview thread: No, I'm not a dad yet. Any day now, though, but possibly another week. smile.gif

Andrew, as far as I can make out, the NCO collar tabs were in the usual Drab green/khaki colour with small white metal trianglesin a line along the tab. 1 triangle for junior sergeant, 2 for sergeant, 3 for senior sergeant and 4 for sergeant major.

I hope this helps.

Fitz

On another subject, early-war uniforms are on deck. I'm using the 1941-pattern subdued collar insignia which simplifies matters a lot! Can anyone tell me what the subdued NCO collar tabs looked like (as seen on the Soviet support uniform BMPs)? The originals, which use the standard color-coded insignia, have a lengthwise black stripe/line going throught the tabs. Any help would be appreciated, I want to make the mod as accurate as I can.
Sweet!! Can't wait.

Quick question Andrew, for the helmets, using the option pack, do all the soviet units use the same BMP's or would it be possible to say have only the Guards units have the star on their helmets? I ask because in the pack their are four different helmets. And if so which BMP number would that be?

By the way, absolutely love these new unis, they look fantastic in game! Thanks again!

smile.gif

Originally posted by fitz:

Andrew, as far as I can make out, the NCO collar tabs were in the usual Drab green/khaki colour with small white metal trianglesin a line along the tab. 1 triangle for junior sergeant, 2 for sergeant, 3 for senior sergeant and 4 for sergeant major.

I hope this helps.

Fitz

That info does help, thanks!

Lord Dragon:

Each helmet is different, which is why there are four in the option pack. Guards use 9517.bmp, I think, regular infantry 9505.bmp, and the other two use one each of the others. smile.gif

Aaargh! :mad: I just found out that my naval infantry uniforms are wrong. Well, kind of. They should be wearing standard infantry shoulderboards.

How come I can never find this info before I start work on something? :rolleyes:

Oh well, no biggie. If anyone is really annoyed by this let me know and I can correct it, otherwise it stays. They should also be wearing "Donald Duck" style sailor hats and have their army-style gymnastiorkas open to show their blue and white striped t-shirts, too, but there's no way I can really depict that.

The uniforms in the upcoming early set will be somewhat more accurate, although without the sailor hats. smile.gif