TCMHQ new SKY TEXTURE MOD ( early preview )

1.jpg

Cold Winter

2.jpg

Taiga Sunset

3.jpg

Before the Rain

Gentlemen ,

pics above are a VERY early preview of a new sky texture mod pack ( including 18 different new texture sets ). Don´t hold your breath...it will take a while to finish the project.

Cheers

Tom

BTW: I hope artists like Magua , Ben Bittner or Tiger feel inspired to start their own sets !

ARGH ! You tease us with such pictures and then forbid us to hold our breaths, for the mod will not be ready for a great while ? You, sir, are EVIL ! I will, in a protest, hold my breath until the mod arrives or I'll... need to take a breath really bad. That'll show ya...

Yeah! That's the one mod I really hoped to see. Thanks Tom!!!

[Edit] Dan, sorry for my less than complimentary comments about the skies on the other thread redface.gif That'll teach me to think that you guys aren't watching the boards...

Just to show how cheeky an Englishman can be, would you consider doing us the great honour of starting our South Of England Cup? It would only take a minute for a BFC fellow to do the draw.

[ February 19, 2003, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Hehe, no worries Rex. To be honest, I wasnt happy with it either but not much more could be done with it.

If doing it again I could very well be inclined suggest we went for repeating textures that could be a higher res over the tiling method. The skies really need to be kept lower res with this method so as to not tax peoples video cards, and I think they could really benifit from more pixels. On top of that tiling them was a nightmare, but I remember now that I ended up using a special problem that rendered them out depending on the time of day, etc, as it was just taking too like using standard methods.

Errr, South of Englad Cup...have I missed something smile.gif ?

Dan

Dan - it relates to this thread, but if you don't mind I'll drop you a very short email tonite. I think the guys would really appreciate it if a genuine BFC honcho did the first draw smile.gif

Tom - sorry for the short diversion of your thread. I'd just like to get it back to where it should be - :eek: OMG THOSE ARE AMAZING !!!

[ February 19, 2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]