Cheating - pbem? is or is not

I have just started to game on-line again, my last exspearence with on-line gaming found that some were changing codes to give themselves advantages with the game - this was in playing the close combat series. Has that happened here at all or is it something I dont need to be concerned about with these games - I would hate to have to only play those I trust.

Sly,

I am not sure about CM via tcp/ip. However, it think that the CM tcp/ip security is the same as in pbem CM.

As far as I know, no one has hacked the CM code so that cheating can occur via that method. I have never even caught a wiff of this type of cheating anywhere in nearly 4 years of playing CM in all of its forms, BO, BB, & AK.

Indeed, I have no concern about anyone being able to cheat in CM via code change. I suggest the same to you.

However, I might be wrong and stand to be corrected.

Cheers, Richard smile.gif

Originally posted by Cannon-fodder:

well, if someone really wanted to, I'm sure they could hack it and cheat, but noone really wants to. Thing is, this game is almost completely a social game, and people tend to play the same poeple a lot, so it wouldn't pay to cheat.

There are the vermins known as ladder players, though. ;) I trust that Charles has made it pretty damn hard to hack PBEM files, though.

Well, that is good to hear, it was really disapointing in the past to see the childish actions of gamers with other games that I have tried to play on the internet. Wrecked the enjoyment that could be had by the game. I didnt

want that to happen in this game since this is

the type of gaming I have always wanted to be doing against others. It has been real fun with the few I have played against so far.

Sly,

Glad to see you've migrated over from CC. I spent time with that game myself and know the suspicions that arise when playing others. There were many a time where I felt others had "fixed files" to gain advantage over me. I'm not sure if this ever happened but I know that the click-fest that game is can bring the primal emotions to the surface, causing one to blame the other player at the first site of suspicion.

What I've noticed about this game is this...I don't mind so much when I lose. That wasn't the case playing CC2 and I'm not quite sure why one is different from the other. Then again, I play PBEM which is much more relaxed than TCP...

To answer your question, I've never seen or even suspected another at cheating in CM. I don't even think it's possible to edit files in CM and maybe that's why.

Looking forward to our game...

• 2 weeks later...