Grog question on Hungarian invasion of Yugoslavia

Well according to a map I have of the invasion of Yugoslavia the Hungarian Third Army had it's main thrust towards Novi Sad located north of Belgrade.

Parts of the German XLVI Pz Corps advanced against Zagreb and Osijek while some parts of the same corps advanced south against Belgrad probably linking up with the Hungarian Army and the German XLI Motorized Corps which attacked Belgrade from Romania

My grandfather fought in Rapid Corps as an anti-tank gun commander. As you know above Belgrade (between the two rivers: Danube and Tisza) the territory is a hungarian national majority. (At the end of the WWI, Yugoslavia capture this territory from Hungary). And when my grandfather arrived near Szabadka (Subotica in serb language) he met with my grandmother. So, if the 3rd Army didn't recapture Bacska (this territory) I coudn't play now with CM and I think it was not too good... ;)

"faking", gee Mike I prefer, substituting, but yes.

Heck you should see who I used for the Chinese in, "Small Battles, Sino-Japanese"

Gamaxx yes I need about 35 Yugoslavian names (Serbian mainly), I found a Hungarian military history book and will lift the contributors list for the Hungarians names.

"Making things up" is an interesting concept, and I certainly encourage all designers to use their creativity. I for one have a (permanent?) WIP of a Finnish Civil War scenario. Also as Finnish database lacks some objects, I'm thinking of solutions for those. Hungarians have a Swedish-made AA tank, and some crappy medium tank will do as a T-28 (after all, it only had one gun so the multi-turretism isn't that important).

"So, if the 3rd Army didn't recapture Bacska (this territory) I coudn't play now with CM and I think it was not too good..."

My mother's mother came from Terijoki. Unfortunately for many, Terijoki was lost in the war to the Soviets - but this is fortunate to me, because otherwise she wouldn't have had to move as an evacuee over 500 km to north and meet my mother's father, which allowed them to have my mother. So, without the secret agreement between Hitler and Stalin in August 1939, my mother would never have born and neither would I.

Still I don't think my first-born son will be named Adolf Iosif... :eek:

Originally posted by Hans:

"faking", gee Mike I prefer, substituting, but yes.

Well, see, the reason I ask is that I think you're going to have some problems with that. The two armies were armed differently and probably organized somewhat differently. Even if all you plan to use from the Soviets are the Partisans, some problems remain.

But then, if you're just screwing around with this for the heck of it, that probably won't matter.

:D

Michael

Originally posted by Hans:

Gamaxx yes I need about 35 Yugoslavian names (Serbian mainly)

No problem. As requested, a list of 35 (mainly) Serbian surnames:

Acimovac

Belasevic

Cakar

Danilovic

Donevski

Glisic

Ismailovic

Janjic

Jocic

Jovanovic

Jovovic

Kurtanovic

Kusturic

Lazic

Lisac

Lovric

Lukovic

Lukovski

Markovic

Milosevic

Perisic

Pesic

Petrovic

Pitic

Popadic

Popovic

Rajkovic

Ristic

Stankovic

Stanojevic

Vasic

Vasovic

Vukic

Zivkovic

Zolic

[ August 29, 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Gamax ]

Originally posted by Gamax:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hans:

Gamaxx yes I need about 35 Yugoslavian names (Serbian mainly)

No problem. As requested, a list of 35 (mainly) Serbian surnames:

Acimovac

Belasevic

Cakar

Danilovic

Donevski

Glisic

Ismailovic

Janjic

Jocic

Jovanovic

Jovovic