BEWARE EICHENBAUM'S OSF

Actually I am quite impressed with the work that he and his team have acomplished. Also they have made a patch for it, have you tried it?

An easy way to not mess up your CMBB files is to make a seperate folder for Operation Storfang and copy all of your CMBB files into it.

And thankyou Eichenbaum and team for all of the work that you put into this.

I just read your post over there. First, while you have OSF open you will not see any CMBB scenarios. You need to go to operations to start Storfang.

If you start up CMBB you should find that all of your scenarios are there. Hope this helps.

if you read the other OSF thread 1st thing to do is do nothing, ask eichenbaum what to do b4 doing anything.

although i read starting and exiting OSF should restore missing files, didnt know scenaios where even modded. sure when you load the modded version of cmbb the only scenario is the OSF one.

when you exit its all swapped back.

did you exit via a crash or alt+f4? that can do some funky stuff.

I don't what happened here but nothing should be deleted.

If there was a crash your 'Scenarios' and 'Saved Games' folder are to be found in your Combat Mission folder as 'OsfBck_Scenarios' and 'OsfBcp_Saved Games'.

Rename their file names by removing the 'OsfBck_' from it's name.

-------

You may be angry or not but you use OSF at your own risk. We'll certainly will not let us be commanded by you. When the time comes you're in your right to demmand support in the way you're trying to do; we will ask $40,- for OSF.

You're adviced you uninstall OSF if you're not happy with our product.

Nils

Spayor,

if you'd read the thread here and the tech support threads on Eichenbaum's site you'd have known there has been a problem, and also that there are ways around it.

It's a bit negative to just charge in and cry 'Foul' like that without checking the facts. The Eichenbaum team have put in an incredible amount of work FOR FREE and produced a stunning series of battles, which is planned to grow and grow into a huge continuing campaign. I've played the early ones and they are amazing. Most who've tried them agree.

There's been a bug, yes, which did affect CMBB. It seems to be largely sorted now - you can download the fix at Eichenbaum.org You may have to re-install CMBB, but nothing has been corrupted.

Keep a copy of your CMBB bmp's, just in case. Then startup Storfang again and prepare to set up camp longterm right next to your pc. Once you've started you won't want to leave this mother. And remember again, Eichenbaum have provided this without payment.

Something to remind:

We are not a company. We are just a few guys with a hobby. OSF is a product that comes out of this hobby. We have created an non-profit organisation (Eichenbaum.org) to protect it and for you to have face to talk to. OSF is product that you can use for free and you should use it at your own risk.

We have only 1 person for programming, graphic design, scenario design, 3d modelling, music composing and web-mastering; That's me! Our goal is a bug free product that every CMBB player can enjoy. But the reality is always different from goals. Various system configurations can result into a dysfunctional product. The few hours we can spend each day on OSF and the amount of money available ($0,-) cannot make up a complete test platform.

You should read the warning signs and notes that are provided with almost every step. Like on our download page you can read that you should have make a copy of your CMBB file if it contains valuable files.

Trying to put us in a bad daylight because you're not satisfied with the free stuff you have downloaded then go ahead. I can stop everything immediately and close the store just like that but this will not happen because of you. I have encountered nazi-hunters, vandalists, hackers and extreme nationalists. All trying to destroy something that is public available and build for a good coarse.

There is a Dutch saying:

Ye shall not look into the mouth of a horse that has been handed to you as a gift

Nils

PS.: There's a time difference between you and me. So next time (if there is one) then please wait until we have a chance to respond to your call.

OSF is just plain great, I was hesitant at first to load it and spent some time lurking around the OSF posts here and at eichenbaums website. But I guess I am lucky having a partitioned drive I just loaded another copy of CMBB into a seperate area (heck after .bmp and .wav backups its only a 100 megs different then the full load)and labeled it as OSF on my desktop. I followed all the loading instructions havent had a problem (except with the way I play the game :rolleyes: ) and found OSF to be enjoyable and a great product. In fact the terrain looks so great I ended up modding my CMBB I use for PBEM's and designing with OSF mods. :D

As far as jumping down the OSF gangs throat, thats just plain uncalled for. It is rare that people in a gaming community would take the hundreds and maybe thousands of hours to create a free enhancment product like OSF if they are not dedicated to the cause. TWO THUMBs UP to Eichenbaum and his crew... Looking forward to the future..

-FR

spayor, however much i may want to try eichenbaum's mission champaign series, the fact is that i KNOW i'm computer illiterate, the warnings are posted on the site, i pay close attention to those things,

dont blame the eichenbaum crew for your own incompetence,

i'm waiting for the fully debuged version,

someting even a person like me can use,

maybe you should do the same,, hugs kisses and a boot to the head,,,