to the Battlefront: Ability of Zoom in / out by wheeled mouse

As a Mac user, I'd prefer to use the scrollwheel for something. Although the situation was different when CM work was started, most mac users seem to have switched to multibutton mouses now.

There should obviously still be a way to do those things without a scrollwheel.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

There's been hearty debate in the past over utilizing the mousewheel or left/right mouseclicks to add extra features, but the issue boiled down to adding features incompatible with the one button mouse on the mac.

By clicking a unit with the left button you select it, with right button you bring up the unit menu. The same with waypoints. This of course doesn't make it incompatible with one-button mouses, because they can select the unit and press the space bar to bring up the menu. Third button or roll would work the same way, there would still be the keyboard equivalent.

Originally posted by Jarmo:

As a Mac user, I'd prefer to use the scrollwheel for something. Although the situation was different when CM work was started, most mac users seem to have switched to multibutton mouses now.

There should obviously still be a way to do those things without a scrollwheel.

yes

logitech makes cheap scroll wheel mice

and I would guess most MAc users are finding them WAY more easy and efficient then the standard crappy one button mouse.

-tom w

If you're actually thinking about true zoom-in and zoom-out, you should already be able to do this. Assign wheel-up the zoom-in keystroke, and wheel-down the zoom-out keystroke. Voila.

My personal preference would be to use it to cycle through the views, but since there's no keystroke for that, I can't program my mouse wheel to do it, so I've settled for programming the wheel to do + & - (which is probably actually more useful). One of my side buttons is Tab, which is also very handy.

And yes, I'm a Mac user with a scroll wheel and a four-button mouse (Intellimouse Explorer - it even matches my PowerBook!), which is the first & only Microsoft product that I've ever loved.

Doug

[ May 05, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: demoss ]

Originally posted by demoss:

My personal preference would be to use it to cycle through the views, but since there's no keystroke for that

Now just, wait a minute!

Straight from the manual:

"The + and - keys on the number pad change the view leveps up or down, respectively."