I love this game

Why do I get the feeling I just stepped into a rehearsal of two unrelated Monty Python skits with a sidebar of Firesign Theatre?

What has this to do with CMBB? War? Armour? Tactics? The Ostfront? The Red Army? Cheese? Have you got any jarlsberg? Sorry, the cat ate it. Limberger? Fresh out. Cheddar? Not very popular around here, sir. Is this the right place for an argument? I already told you. No you didn't. Yes I did. No you didn't. I most certainly did. Look this isn't an argument. Yes it is. No it isn't... It had been snowing in Santa Barbara ever since the top of the page and I had to shake the cornstarch out of my mucklucks as I lifted the heavy obsidian door knocker. Hey in there, open up! Your door knocker fell off!

Sigh. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

Originally posted by ichadwick:

Why do I get the feeling I just stepped into a rehearsal of two unrelated Monty Python skits with a sidebar of Firesign Theatre?

What has this to do with CMBB? War? Armour? Tactics? The Ostfront? The Red Army? Cheese? Have you got any jarlsberg? Sorry, the cat ate it. Limberger? Fresh out. Cheddar? Not very popular around here, sir. Is this the right place for an argument? I already told you. No you didn't. Yes I did. No you didn't. I most certainly did. Look this isn't an argument. Yes it is. No it isn't... It had been snowing in Santa Barbara ever since the top of the page and I had to shake the cornstarch out of my mucklucks as I lifted the heavy obsidian door knocker. Hey in there, open up! Your door knocker fell off!

Sigh. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

Ah! Poor soul, you really DID get it, but you THOUGHT you didn't. That must be a very confusing state of mind. I'll offer one small insight. Without CMBO>CMBB, there WOULD NOT BE any Peng Challenge Thread. Pure and simple.

Of course, there's nothing to have stopped a Peng Challenge Thread from popping up in the IL2 forums or such like {god knows, apparently they HAVE tried, and not been too successful}, but this seems to be THE RIGHT PLACE. Airy-fairy loop the loops et all just don't offer the same scope for complicated strategy or nefarious designs on one's opponent. Apparently.

No, CMBO now CMBB feels RIGHT. And with a slight lean to the left or right, you too might suddenly discover what it all means or not, as the case may be. Are we all mad? Probably. Pseudo-grogs? Some perhaps. Hopeless at CMBO or CMBB? Some that too. How about a close knit community of lost souls with a keen interest in things historical and military that like to challenge each other with witty/stupid/funny/sad/hopeless taunts that may also border on the bawdy or inane at times? Now <U>that</U> is getting closer to the mark.

I'll tell you one thing. If you decide to test the waters, so to speak, you WILL have to undergo a trial by verbal fire - and be prepared to survive it over a long haul - to have any chance of coming out unscathed and sane-ish. A thick skin helps too! I see nothing wrong with that. It helps sort the stayers from the dabblers. Yet, once accepted, you will find no finer bunch of guys and gals on the Net to joust with.

It's obviously up to the individual how they wish to deal with the appearance from time to time of proud members of the "Mother Beautiful Thread".

Aussiejeff

Originally posted by AUssieJEFF:

{snipped]I'll tell you one thing. If you decide to test the waters, so to speak, you WILL have to undergo a trial by verbal fire - and be prepared to survive it over a long haul - to have any chance of coming out unscathed and sane-ish. {more snipping}

sane-ish? SANE-ISH? Who said anyone in there is sane-ish??? We're all completely mad - of the stark-raving variety. *sheesh* And you more than most. Now come here like a good boy and take your medication. If not, I'll have Grue pin you down and force it down your throat.

Seanachai, don't you think it's about time you told the truth about this whole sordid affair? Don't you crave the release of honesty? Don't you seek the recognition that heartfelt confession will bring you?

Your aching soul will sing, sing to be freed from the dementia that grips it now. Your ears will flip back and forth for the sheer joy of it. Your nipples will dance a tango, and your very skin will shiver with delight and head down to the hardware store to buy a bottle of meths.

Admit the truth, Seanachai, and let go of the lies. Admit it. We are one and the same person. Tell them all about the operation, and the cockerel, and the sack of coal.