help me please

Originally posted by van ston:

please some one tell me why at 30 yards with a 88mm king tiger i did not kill an is-2 it took 3 88mm hits i took 1 120mm hit and got knocked out how could this happen?????

In a perfect world, one shot would equal one kill.

But of course, the world is not perfect.

**** happens.

please some one tell me why at 30 yards with a 88mm king tiger i did not kill an is-2 it took 3 88mm hits i took 1 120mm hit and got knocked out how could this happen?????

Just because an AP round penetrates a tank's armour that doesn't automatically mean that the tank is destroyed immediately. An 88mm round will usually knock out an enemy tank with one hit, but there's always a random factor involved in it.

Or maybe the enemy tank was already knocked out, but the 'death clock' feature prevented your crew from seeing that and so they continued firing at the IS-2.

[ May 11, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

******POSSIBLE SPOILER*****

Ahhh, I think someone is playing "Death Ride of the 424th!" One of the more frustrating scenarios I played when I first got the game. I checked out several scenario briefings and when I got to that one said: "Cool! I get 20 KTs! Let's Go!" Minutes later I was gazing on piles of burning steel. :mad: I think that might have been the game that convinced me to check out the Forums for some tips...

Anyway now older and wiser, I can tell you there are so many IS-2s in that scenario (if that's the one you're playing), that you might have killed the one IS-2 with your first or second shot, but didn't know it because of the Death Clock...meanwhile another one nailed you. Or maybe your penetrations hit non-vital areas. Unlucky, but those are the fortunes of war.

- Matt

[ May 11, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: SFJaykey ]

bad luck

lots of it

ever rolled the dice to determine combat outcomes?

well you rolled crap!

and you did it three times in a row

you will likely never see that result again

there are NO sure things in CMBB

mostly I would say it was just bad luck if you got penetration (with the 88mm KT) without damage or result three times.

BUT it is possible :eek:

-tom w

I've noticed that the IS-2's, although otherwise more or less cumbersome, seem to be sometimes amazingly resilient against penetration damage in the worst possible situations.

I remember one match where my opponent went for a wild IS-2 rush for the only victory flag in the field: my valiant Panzershreck team score two side armor penetrations... The damn tank suffered a single crew casualty, and kept rolling forward. :mad:

I recommend you eat, drink heavily, grieve for the loss and seek solace in the laughter of harlots.

I once lost a Tiger to a front turret penetration from a Stuart that I'd hit twice and penetrated - he got me with the dreaded, "penetration at weak spot"

(sob)

oh after the above seek revenge

Did your Stalin tank get penetrated or was it just a ricochette? BFC just types in the numbers and lets the game figure the results. If the numbers say the 88 won't penetrate that much bow armor at whatever compound angle it struck at, then them's the numbers!

If, on the other hand, the Stalin survived two 88 penetrations I have to agree with aka_tom_w, bad luck dude!

I remember way back in CMBO demo days being VERY surprised to have a Panther round glance off my Sherman's bow at close range as it was backing away down a steep slope. The shell simply hit at such an oblique angle it couldn't penetrate (to my relief!).