Off topic....My Mom

This is totally off topic; I know but I'm pretty relieved about it. My mom doesn't have to be on oxygen anymore!!! I just got the news today. She got really sick with pneumonia at Christmas & had to be on oxygen for the past 5 months. We were all concerned that she'd have to be on it permanently. This would've been a real hassle for her as she likes to get out & about ( plays bridge, etc. ) & the oxygen bottles were really restricting her freedom & mobilty. Thanks for listening.

Rob, I know we've had our differences, but I'm glad to hear this, and wish your Mom and your family all the best.

My sister is a cancer survivor, with a depressed immune system, and she gets pneumonia every couple of months the way the rest of us get colds. My Dad died of lung cancer, and I just remember him sitting there with the oxygen bottles always at his side, tubes going into his lungs to reinflate them, and I get a lift from the knowledge that anyone can breath without struggling and fear.

My apologies to you if I've ever been a bit hard on you. It's just that I'm not a very nice person.

Rob, congratulations to your mother for overcoming this. She's a fighter. I've lost both parents within the last year, and I can only imagine how happy you are feeling.

As if her improved health wasn't enough good news for any one individual, to then receive an apology from some little old gnome who haunts the streets of Minneapolis is just icing on the cake. :D

Thanks everyone. smile.gif Now if I could just get rid of these damn allergies ( been stuffed up & coughing my brains out for the past couple of days )...

P.S. Thanks Seanachai. It's partly my fault too. I have a bit of a temper & sometimes I just blow up.

[ May 08, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]