scenarios and disclosure

Question about using scenarios to play against a human:

Obviously scenarios allow for more variety and intrigue than a QB, but the reason I've played almost exclusively QBs against humans so far is that you can keep your troop selection and their positions secret. With a scenario one or both players know the troop allotment and perhaps even map position of both sides.

One player would probably look at the scenario in the editor in order to decide that it is a scenario that they would enjoy playing. The other would then look for equal disclosure. Even if you blindly choose a scenario, it seems to me that the tempation to peek is very strong and impossible for your opponent to know about.

How do you deal with these issues when playing scenarios against other players?

Thanks,

Dr. Rosenrosen

A simple and effective method is to get in touch with a designer who has a scenario that needs testing and hasn't released it to the public. He can then start the scenario for you using your own pre-chosen passwords or one he choses.

This is the same method used in the ROW tournament, and all the scenarios are secure.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

A simple and effective method is to get in touch with a designer who has a scenario that needs testing and hasn't released it to the public. He can then start the scenario for you using your own pre-chosen passwords or one he choses.

This is the same method used in the ROW tournament, and all the scenarios are secure.

OR, ask the scenario designer to save it using the tournament save. This stops players or anyone else from opening up the scenario with the editor.

I trust my opponents as well. But then should someone look it only ruins a fraction of the games. There is a setup phase after all and the likely OOB isn't too hard to guess at anyway. So I play along thinking I'm in the happy double blind world unless otherwise agreed.

Enjoy!