Mod Preview - Camo T-34s

oooh, the 3rd one, the 3rd one! damn flesh, they keep getting better and better. it's good that you're taking your time. that way i'll only have to do 1 download per vehicle instead of 3 or 4. lol... anyway, good going and keep em coming!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of adding an optional Turret stripe/cross? Since we're being ahistorical anyway, why not add a few more eye-candy tidbits? I personally think stripes are wicked cool. Maybe a slogan on the rear turret (to avoid that dreaded "mirror effect"). Regardless, I've got my new folders ready and waiting for these babies. Look great! Fantastic work.

Here's two more T-34s with a new camo pattern. Again, it's a "non-grog" pattern. The first is in German colours, the second is in Russian colours.

T-34 M43 (German Colours)

--------------------------

Flesh_Camo_T-34_M43_preview_2.jpg

T-34 M43 (Russian Colours)

---------------------------

Flesh_Camo_T-34_M43_preview_3.jpg

Well well well... russian tanks (not captured one) with german colours... I wonder what would political commissars say to tank crews painting their vehicle like this :rolleyes::D

All your textures are very, VERY, nice to see... ...on a Panther Maybe tongue.gif

Anyway, I don't remember the book where I've seen it but some russian T34 were camouflaged in a tri-color camo scheme. It was some large vertical stripes, a bit like a JagdPanther scheme.

Bye

Bogdan, thanks for those pictures.

The T-34 I did in German colours is supposed to be a captured one. I just didn't bother to put the German markings on yet.

Also, I've already pointed out that most of these texures are just for *fun*, i.e. they are not meant to be historical. I will also be doing some historical Russian camo schemes.

BTW Russian camo schemes were not always simple vertical stripes. Here's some pics to prove my point.

t34-Kingisepp44.jpg

t34-Lvov44.jpg

btw I just thought about what it was that bothered me about your camo... the russians seem to favor sharp lines... you have blended your lines too much for my taste... just thougt of it when i looked at the pics and the mods...

i would love it if you could make some of them historical ones... I have pleaded for camoed ruskies before... i really love seeing them russians in camo... be it german style or russian style...

I think that alot of the french camo scemes look like the russian ones so maby you could look to them for inspiration if need be...

pics and images of camoed WWII russain tanks are rare indeed... mainly because of the rarity of camoed tanks in the russian army in general...

i heard or read somewhere that when they were camoed it was used more like unit markings that camoflage protection... so all tanks in the same company would have similar camo and so on...

might me wrong tho since i dont remember where i heard/read it... interesting thought tho...

Looking at that picture of the camo BT made me realize that the Russians used camo before the Germans. Hmmm, I never realized that(and I do have Stephen Zaloga's East Front Armor book). I like the yellow and green camo. I'll take as many camo Russian tanks as I can get. Grey just seems to be kinda boring after a while. I would leave the ISUs and ISs alone. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job than Mikey D and Gordon did with theirs (I hope I don't offend those modders who also did similar tanks, just that those last two versions were way cool.) :cool:

If any of you would mod some of the bland tanks--like the T-26s, SU 76s, Lend Lease tanks, with a camo scheme I'd definitely appreciate it and enjoy it in my games.

Looking forward to these T-34s. I still liked Mr. Noobies camo T-34/76 (late) and his T-34/85 (late), but I could stand a change. I guess these new ones will be available "when they're done". tongue.gif

I'm looking forward to them. Keep 'em coming, and thanks guys for enhancing this great (and frustrating) game.

OK maybe I'm not so groggy after all. Those are looking too good not to use. There actually are several of the T-34's that I would love to replace for one reason or another and if these are those particular ones I'll be using these beauties. Really great looking Flesh. Thanks ever so much. Anxious to see your others though.

Somebody asked for sharper, harder edged camo, so I've done a version with this kind of camo. Also, I went for a darker and more subdued colour scheme, in the hope that it would blend better with the other T-34 mods that are out there.

Anyway, here it is. smile.gif

Somebody asked for sharper, harder edged camo, so I've done a version with this kind of camo.

Also, I went for a darker and more subdued colour scheme, in the hope that it would blend better with the other T-34 mods that are out there.

Bear in mind that it's still a "Work In Progress" and some of the details need to be tweaked and touched up etc.

Anyway, here it is. smile.gif

Flesh_Camo_T-34_M44-85_preview_6.jpg