Mod Preview - Camo T-34s

Somebody asked me to do some camo T-34s. Here's a preview of what I have so far. I know these camo schemes probably don't have any historical basis. I just did them for aesthetic reasons. Hey, why should only German tanks look cool? ;)

I'll probably do some historical schemes too, for the purists among you.

Anyway, on to the screenies...

T-34 M43

---------------

Flesh_Camo_T-34_M43_preview.jpg

T-34/85 M44

---------------

Flesh_Camo_T-34_M44-85_preview.jpg

[ July 05, 2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Flesh ]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents, thanks for the encouragement. I thought I was gonna be burned at the stake for this heresy. ;)

Now that I know that some of you are interested in camo Russian tanks, it gives me the motivation to continue.

Lee, don't worry, I have some pics of historical Russian camo schemes. I'll do those too. That shoud keep everybody happy. smile.gif

Those look pretty cool.

The geometrical shapes are better seen now. Witch makes them a bit say; more monumental.

Want a few tips on making them even wow-er?

here's my view... ;) The just posted halftracks u did had way nice lines down its side's from where the rain slided down and where not...i kinda miss that in these. And a bit of rust and dust to go with that, could do wonders also.

What i often miss is a darker shadow colour underneath the turret, where its attatched to the body, many mods lack in that appartment.

...there's more surely...but i understand all those things take up doubel to tripple the time allready spend.

...anyways...i really do like them, and also im looking forward to the historical based one's u are going to do.

)))...

im so a mod grabber ! :rolleyes:

keep it up.

[ July 05, 2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by theike:

Want a few tips on making them even wow-er?

here's my view... ;) The just posted halftracks u did had way nice lines down its side's from where the rain slided down and where not...i kinda miss that in these. And a bit of rust and dust to go with that, could do wonders also

I do believe that the rain drizzle marks you are reffering to were in the mod that he based his own mod on... by andrew TF i think... i might be wrong tho... seeing as i am an asshole and all...

*hums "im an asshole"*

Originally posted by zukkov:

oh yes, the 2nd one, the 2nd one! so when are you going to post it?

When it's done... ;)

Seriously though, it should be released in a day or two.

Remember that it's the "non-grog" version. The historical/grog version will be available too. I should have a preview pic of it later today. smile.gif

Oddball_E8, I'll see what I can do with the captured T-34s. However, AFAIK they don't seem to be used much, probably because of their high rarity. I tend to concentrate on the more common tanks and vehicles.

Anyway, here's another preview screenie. The colours are the same as the last pic, but the pattern is more historical.

T-34/85 M44

---------------

Flesh_Camo_T-34_M44-85_preview_3.jpg

Well you could make the mods for the russian t-34 and they could easily be converted to captured ones...

but the "i only make mods for common vehicles" approach is IMHO the wrong path... most of the common vehicles are already well and truely modded... cept for the early (pre G long) PzIVs.

i would love it if someone talented started doing the not-so-often-used vehicles and tanks... like the jagdpanther... or the captured tanks...

oh well now im only ranting...

love all the mods coming out no matter what they are for... if i only had some artistic talent id do some myself, but im afraid i lack the patience to learn...

Flesh, these mods are getting better & better. thanks. i hope you're doing the early war ones too?

you know, when i started playing CM (5 months?) i never thought i'd get into mods. the way things looked seemed immaterial to me. but then i had to get the gridded terrain...oh & my T70's look a bit boring...and...and so it begins.

About getting into mods (responding to Other Means's comment), all someone have to do is see their first near-photo-realistic mod moving around in the game as though it were real life and there's no going back.

About early-war camou T-34s. Thought I'd pop in to tell you I'm about done working on a couple German captured T-34 M1941s, both the grey and yellow versions.

I thought I'd try out my StuG recoloring technique on another type of vehicle. Grey version's all done. Yellow version still needs camou. I'll try really hard to get them all finished-up. The HARDEST part is making those darned little vehicle side-view icons for the control panel!!! :D

[ July 07, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]