Is it possible to convert a saved game to PBEM form?

Alright. Let me explain. Me and a friend are engaging in friendly PBEM with one of our games. We talk daily, we play a few turns a day, but there's times when i'm sure we'd both like to be able to open the PBEM up and play a few rapid rounds in sucession without having to send back and forth data, by saving the game, then opening it up as a TCP/IP game on one of the turns.

Now, this works... but we've run into the problem of being able to convert the saved game file back into PBEM form that would start the PBEM process back as it would normally go. Is this impossible to do? If its impossible, thats a bummer, but if its possible, please explain how, because that'd be a really neat feature!

a) RTFM

B) When in the orders phase, click the "Save" button. It will prompt for a file name. Enter one & save.

The game is now saved under the "Start Game" button from the initial menu. Click that and you will see the file name you chose as a clickable option. So click it and you will get options on how to start the game. Select TCP/IP and you will get an IP. Have your friend start CMBB & look for your IP - basically go through the normal TCP/IP process from then on.

voila.

B) When in the orders phase, click the "Save" button. It will prompt for a file name. Enter one & save.

The game is now saved under the "Start Game" button from the initial menu. Click that and you will see the file name you chose as a clickable option. So click it and you will get options on how to start the game. Select TCP/IP and you will get an IP. Have your friend start CMBB & look for your IP - basically go through the normal TCP/IP process from then on.

voila.

I know about the TCPIP thing already. Think I mentioned it in my original post. What does RTFM mean?

What i'm trying to figure out, is how to go from TCP/IP back to PBEM in case me and him have to stop suddenly on our TCP/IP game.

Originally posted by Raziaar:

Well damn, why'd I ask here anyways if people were just going to be jerks about it!

I haven't seen my manual in quite a long time.

Maybe RTFM is acronym for something else. Have you tried to convert a TCP/Ip save into a PBEM is possible? Just start a TCP/Ip game and test it.

It should probably be something in that line, if it doesn't work then it won't be possible.

[ January 16, 2005, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: stikkypixie ]

Originally posted by Raziaar:

Well damn, why'd I ask here anyways if people were just going to be jerks about it! <grunts>

I haven't seen my manual in quite a long time.

I dunno? Why did you? You will observe that the standard RTFM response was followed by an in depth answer to what I thought your question was.

To answer what you question IS:

a) RTFM

B) In the TCP/IP game, in an orders phase, save the game to a file using the save button. Click on the map if this is not visable.

Then use that file as your starting point.