The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, and Australia. I want an apology from Australia for not exporting their real beers. Bastards.

You'll get Sweet FA out of us!!!!

I *bobba* tried to send Kitty a couple of bottles of VB and guess what...your *bobba* *bobba* useless postal service doesn't deliver alcoholic beverages?!!!

What *bobba* *bobba* useless sort of Postal service do you have over there? hey? HEY?!!!

*bobba* well ships hazardous bacterial products without batting an eyelid..but not alcohol!

In our enlightened country, alcohol is shipped with a flurry of efficiency by our AusPost, and arrives at it's destination with the top still on, and the bottle still full of liquid. <font size = 1>..umm... I can't however comment if the contents of the liquid are the same on arrival. For all I know the postal workers could have drank the stuff, then replaced it with some sort of bodily secretion. But hey, if it looks like BEER it must be BEER.</font>

So once again, no apology for you until you get that postal service of yours fixed.

And you call yourself a demi-god. *harumph*

Nong.

Mace

[ October 10, 2003, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Famine and Wisbech_lad is my prophet! Ye shall all starve for meaning! Cry out and beat your breasts, for the dark, undifferentiated Void awaits you!

Famine

Famine is the most subtle, cruel, hope destroying of all.

Pestilence may sound bad, with the boils, the chancres, the open weeping sores. But antibiotics and muncipal drains have conquered the demon, leaving Pestilence a sad, broken figure, playing with collar tabs on replica uniforms.

War. Ah war. Who could have guessed that on a site dedicated to entertaining oneself by playing at War that its representative is able to gather some ragtag acolytes? Misguided fools through the ages have sought glory in war, this state sanctioned murder has monuments, holidays, pensions attesting to its respectibility.

While part of me wants to acknowledge that the brilliant way that War has camouflaged its terror behind concepts as "Just", "Jihad" and "An imminent threat to the USA" means it should be the uberhorseman, I just can't. Because sometimes War is the only option, is justified. She does, like a hot house, force human technology forward. And the Spitfire is beautiful.

Death. Death is neutral. Death just is. Death, where is thy sting?

But Famine, now there's an evil. Inflicted on the weak by the strong (reference Sen's work on the economics of famines) the greatest famines have been man made, and completely avoidable. Bengal '42, the bone headed colonial administrators unwilling, in a war, to divert resources. China '59, the Great Leap Forward, local mandarins refusing to deliver bad news, cooking up statistics, condemning millions to death. Russia collective farming, millions dead to prove a political point.

Famine is watching your childrens' bellies distend and then them die, knowing that there is food out there, but you can't get it for them. Famine is oedema. Famine is a listless lethargy, a fly crawling on a babies eyeball, who no longer has the will to blink. Famine opens the door to Pestilence, minor illnesses killing your weakened parents. Famine is a slow death, giving you plenty of time to contemplate its sly horror. Famine teases you with eating grass and bark, desperate for a few more days of life because something may turn up. Famine is when that hope is spat back in your face, because the Glory Boys following War have monopolised the transport system so they can play with their toys.

When Death delivers you from Famine, you will be glad he came.

Famine deserves the ultimate condemnation available to an Englishman.

Famine... Isn't very nice

[ October 10, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Wisbech_lad ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

maybe you should write less?

You yuster be funn-e-er or sumthing. Heck, anything is funnyer then most dist crap.

Get fuuny or get bent now. Like I mean it . Man.

An old college friend, Peng? </font>

Posted by Peng:

I'm all for this starting of new cults based on fear and death too. The more fear and death there is, the closer the crowds get to the edge...
I think you have missed the boat by many centuries. The world's major religions have had that niche all too themselves for a very long time. There have been a few small groups attempting lately, to add slight variations, like mass poisonings but really -

YOU NEED A GIMMICK TO REALLY GET NOTICED...

...fear and death are too old fashioned.

Noba.

Originally posted by Mace:

your *bobba* *bobba* useless postal service doesn't deliver alcoholic beverages?!!!

What *bobba* *bobba* useless sort of Postal service do you have over there? hey? HEY?!!!

*bobba*

Mace

Calm down Mace before you burst a *bobba *blood vessel....

Thank *bobba* it's Friday....

:D:D

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

your *bobba* *bobba* useless postal service doesn't deliver alcoholic beverages?!!!

*bobba*

Mace

Calm down Mace before you burst a *bobba *blood vessel....

Thank *bobba* it's Friday....

:D:D </font>

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I'll give you credit and thanks for not addnig in that tired old Mace/sheep catchphrase some try to pawn off as a fresh new joke.

Credit and thanks from Gaylord for a post that could have been written by a 5yr old...

*Looks suspiciously at Gaylord*

Tis a joke yes? you're laughing at me because I forgot to add the mandatory Sheep shagging line..

Or you're at that time of the month when even the slightest sniff of the female hormone makes you giggle dementedly while you scratch at your hives with excitement...

Either way.. I'm worried :eek:

Originally posted by YK2:

Credit and thanks from Gaylord for a post that could have been written by a 5yr old...

*Looks suspiciously at Gaylord*

Tis a joke yes? you're laughing at me because I forgot to add the mandatory Sheep shagging line..

Or you're at that time of the month when even the slightest sniff of the female hormone makes you giggle dementedly while you scratch at your hives with excitement...

Either way.. I'm worried :eek:

Touche! -almost.

Your animal attraction to the likes of John Travolta destroys all your credibility on matters of hormones, and attraction yet you raise the bar on the level of dementedom. :D

Touche! -almost.

you raise the bar on the level of dementedom. :D

Guilty as charged... I guess spending time with the most demented of them all is bound to rub off eventually..

But you know... I'm really quite proud of the fact that I was taught by the best. Dementia when associated with senilty is something to be pitied, but being TRULY DEMENTED!! Well that is something I aspire to... :D

[ October 10, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I'll give you credit and thanks for not addnig in that tired old Mace/sheep catchphrase some try to pawn off as a fresh new joke.

I'd give you credit if you'd stop posting as though you had wit </font>

Emrys! I demand an apology for acing me out of hatred that is rightfully mine!

Sorry, old fluke, it was unpremeditated on my part. The night was warm and full of the scent of jasmine with violins playing softly in the background. The time was right, the chemistry was right and it all...just sort of happened. If it makes it any easier for you, I felt awful about it in the morning. But in all honesty I have to confess, I'd do it all again.

You weren't cozying up to my Mortal Enemy behind my back, were you Michael? Plying him with Groggish disdain to make him overlook how hateful I was and to start following you around the Board, stalking you, instead of me, pointing out to everyone how 'hateful' your usual conciliatory remarks were?
Yes, I'm afraid I broke the poor girl's heart. They're so fragile at that stage, aren't they. I feel a real cad and all the accusations are true. She saw right through my mask of mild-mannered reporter on the staff of a newspaper in a medium-sized mid-American metropolis, down to the core of my hypocritical being. Yes, she laid bare for all to see the rot and moral vacuuousness there.

I thought I knew you better than that, Michael.
It's lonely at the top.

I didn't think that CMers would do that sort of thing to each other.
Really? And you've been posting in the Peng thread how long?

Well, I'll let it pass, as you're doing such a fine job as Famine.
Why thank you! I'm glad you like it. It's really just a throw-away part, type casting actually. Kind of thing I do in my sleep.

Your remarks have really had me staring at the ceiling before I go to bed, feeling empty and unsatisfied with my life.
Now that's what I call a successful therapy!

Good move snapping up that Wisbech Lad fella.
Yes, inspired performance wasn't it? He's coming along quite nicely. I'm thinking of promoting him to take charge of the Taking Candy From Babies Division.

Michael

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

But Famine, now there's an evil. Inflicted on the weak by the strong (reference Sen's work on the economics of famines) the greatest famines have been man made, and completely avoidable. Bengal '42, the bone headed colonial administrators unwilling, in a war, to divert resources. China '59, the Great Leap Forward, local mandarins refusing to deliver bad news, cooking up statistics, condemning millions to death. Russia collective farming, millions dead to prove a political point.

Famine is watching your childrens' bellies distend and then them die, knowing that there is food out there, but you can't get it for them. Famine is oedema. Famine is a listless lethargy, a fly crawling on a babies eyeball, who no longer has the will to blink. Famine opens the door to Pestilence, minor illnesses killing your weakened parents. Famine is a slow death, giving you plenty of time to contemplate its sly horror. Famine teases you with eating grass and bark, desperate for a few more days of life because something may turn up. Famine is when that hope is spat back in your face, because the Glory Boys following War have monopolised the transport system so they can play with their toys.

We's bad.

Famine

Your animal attraction to the likes of John Travolta...

'Ere now. There'll be none of that. Don't you be putting it about that Dear Emma might be doin' it with the likes of John Travolta. She has much better taste than that. Notwithstanding that she has a life-size look-alike mannequin in her living room...

Michael

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

Famine is the most subtle, cruel, hope destroying of all.

...snipped to avoid depressing the kiddies...

You are a deeply, deeply disturbed young man. I shall watch your career with great interest, as I think a great career awaits you on this Board

Congratulations again, Michael. This one's truly a nihilist brute. Made me feel all creepy just reading that.