New Scenario available

I have a new, well semi-new, scenario available for you Steelers fans! Following is the General Briefing included in the file.

__

Title: Hello MasterGoodale

Type: Meeting Engagement

Date: August 1941

Weather: Dry, warm

Terrain: Village, rolling hills

Turns: 30+

Author: Abbott

This battle is a fictional meeting engagement set in late 1941 where we find a German mechanized Battle Group trying to wrest control of one of the few paved highways to be found in Russia from a Russian infantry command with tank support. The paved road winds it way thru a small village and sets the scene for a small (app. 1,500 point) Meeting Engagement.

The battle grew from a challenge the missing MasterGoodale issued to all comers when he had no idea how to play Combat Mission. Thus the infamous Cheery Waffle Challenge thread was born!

MasterGoodale claimed that he could defeat any comers with his superior knowledge of tactics and by chucking massive amounts of TnT at any and all comers. He needed NO Combat Mission experience to win because of his superior tactical knowledge. Forum Member ParaBellum being an experienced CM player accepted the challenge and I created the scenario for them to play.

Being the more experienced player ParaBellum had to confront MasterGoodale’s heavy Russian armor units and an AAR of the historic (cough) battle may be found here at Teddy Windsor’s home page.

AAR

The AAR is based on the original battle and the scenario was designed to be played by an experienced player verse a non-experienced player. This new file has had the OOB and terrain modified to provide a balanced scenario for both parties and includes briefings the original file did not.

The battle can be found at my Webpage linked from my sig. Enjoy!

HMG.JPG

Originally posted by Andreas:

Nice grass.

Whose grass mod are you using?

All the best

Andreas

Good morning Andreas . Believe it or not I am probably one of the few players who have not modded Combat Mission. That is the original grass, it has likely been awhile since you have seen it.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Alright Abbot, I downloaded your scenario, now, who should I play it against? would Andreas be willing to battle it out? If so, or if anyone else wishes to try out the scenario, drop me a line, my addy is in my profile.

I'll cross swords with you if you like - up for some TCP this weekend? If not PBEM is fine.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Nice grass.

Whose grass mod are you using?

All the best

Andreas

Good morning Andreas . Believe it or not I am probably one of the few players who have not modded Combat Mission. That is the original grass, it has likely been awhile since you have seen it. </font>

I tried this scenario as a german against AI. I did not use any special strategy. I just moved my infantry near the city and my tanks followed the road to the field. Two tanks continued on the left side to the city and rest of my tanks turner to right before the field. My men were in the city and the two tanks were in hull down positions waiting for the russians to come. So everything seemed ok.

But after many rounds I lost all my tanks and my infantry was located in a small area trying to survive. The russian tanks rolled around them trying to find a position to give them a final shot.

I was just resigning when I noticed that there were three Panzer III in the beginning of the road. Ok, let's continue still little bit. I moved the Panzer III along the road to the city and on the way they distroyed all the russin tanks!

I had a completly control and the computer showed two flags belonging to germans, so I did not bother to take the third flag. But after the game finished the two german flags changed to ? and the third flag turned to russian flag and the game was a draw.

So this was an example what can happen if an inexperiended player playes as german side.

From sunshine to darknes and from darknes to sunshine and finally from sunshine to a draw.

A very exiting game! Huh!