Longest tcp/ip on one battle?

Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

One of the best scenarios I have ever played though, and certainly one of the largest.

smile.gif

I have just read your review of this scenario at the scenario depot - thank you indeed. This was my first attempt at a city battle and i am glad i was able to produce something you enjoyed playing for 15 hours!. It certainly is a large scenario and i went with something different for the battered cityscape look. I am not a fan of the stock rubble tile, too many of them make the map look dark, moody and too brown for my taste. So i opted to use the "rough" tile for that rocky rubble look and i was very happy with the way the visuals looked.

To give you a little insight the Boots & tracks team spent over 3 months pre-testing, and playtesting this scenario (Along with the others in the Stalingrad Pack) and making suggestions. Reviews like yours make it feel all worthwhile to us.

Did you play over a LAN? I am sure its too big to play over the net.

Best wishes

CDIC

Captitalistdoginchina,

Hey no problem!!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to design something so good! I forgot to mention in my review about the rough tiles on the map. They were indeed very effective. I totally understood what you were doing.

Actually, we did play it over the net. LOL. We both have high speed cable connections but turns still took about a minute - minute and a half to process and download.

Thanks again, the effort is always appreciated!

smile.gif

I just completed "Our Backs To The Volga" from the Stalingrad Pack by Boots & Tracks. I lost badly as the Russians (78-22) against a human opponent, but I made several mistakes. I made poor decisions concerning my arty, and generally got a little too unorthodoxed with my initial setup. My opponent also played well IMO.

Still, it was a very entertaining scenario I would recommend to anyone who has a fairly fast computer. Even the Soviet defender has critical decisions to make after his initial setup. It's not just "setup and wait".

An interesting thing I learned about CMBB as a result of this scenario is that having men in the sewers at the time of your surrender is the same as having exited them off the map. They don't get captured! smile.gif

Try "Our Backs To The Volga". You will like it!

Treeburst155 out.

Anyone? Anyone?

Is my 15+ hour battle the record then?

I do find it amazing, the game length was 35+ turns and it took over 15 hours to play out those intense 35 minutes.

One other note on "Our backs to the Volga"

At one point in a desperate struggle for one of the factories, between my opponent and I, there were over 700 men absolutely mauling each other for over 20 minutes in a desperate struggle for control of a 60 x 100 square meter factory complex.

In the end, combined casualties for both sides was over 1200! Brutal.

Those kind of numbers are remniscent of the ACW, 1200 men falling in 35 min!!!

[ January 07, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]

Fifteen hours sounds pretty impressive. I've played hundreds of hours tcp/ip and attempted a few operations in there, but due to crashes, one thing or another, I don't think I've had a single scenario / operation, what have you, go longer than 8 - 9 hours.