Is it possible to buy original CM-games in Asia?

Strange topic, but the reason I ask is that I´m planning a trip to Thailand and since things are cheaper in Asia than in Sweden (lower taxes, etc.) I thought that it might be a good idea to buy the Bundle Pack there. I don´t have CMAK.

Even if I'm a penny-pincer I´m not that greedy that I will risk to buy a bootlegged game. I've heard that it is almost impossible to tell if things are a copy or not. A Chinise guy said that everything is a copy in Asia, big industri. Is there an easy way to find out if it is an original game ore not?

Regards/

Actually it is sold in Japan (and only Japan) by Micromouse, english with a Japanese manual. However, they don't offer a bundle pack as far as I am aware (though they do sell all CM titles there).

Of course you could simply buy it from us directly? We ship european orders from Ireland.

Oh, and unfortunately I am quite sure that in China etc. you can get a pirate version for as little as $1, as with any other game. Although I haven't seen any illegal copies of CMAK to be honest, I do remember some amazing chinese and russian covers of CMBO a few years ago. By now there are also legitimate russian copies of CMBO and CMBB (not chinese, though).

Martin

Originally posted by Jochen C. Peiper:

I am at Hong Kong and and play copy of all CM series!

If you have a chance travelling here, you can go to Mong Kok to find the copy games!!

Excuse me Jochen, did you just say you play illegal copies of all CM games?

At least he is honest. I bet he's not the only one using illegal copies, so get off his back. But one thing is for sure, Jochen, real wargamers should support the few high quality wargames that are available by buying the original.

[ April 01, 2004, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: aragorn2002 ]

I'm sure he's not the only one. I have banned him nevertheless. The fact that "everybody does it" and that illegal copies can bo found at every street corner in Asia and Russia doesn't make it any better, or any less illegal. It's only fair to those that paid the full price to not allow users of pirated versions on this forum.

You know, I am going to lock this thread. The original question has been answered, and I feel that we might get off-topic here soon smile.gif

Martin