*mod in progress* Blue-tan-red Kingtiger

No no no! The red-brown is not too red, it's the base red primer coat!!! Your mod is spot-on! Don't let 'em talk you into blurring the edges either. Late war KTs were hard edge patterns using red primer as one of the colors and yellow as the minor color. You've nailed it, man. :D:D:D:D

hmmmm.... perhaps 2 versions are in order.

I felt, from the beginning, that the colors were a little 'too good' (heck, my car ain't painted that well) So I lowered some values and tinted it slightly to get the feldgrau more grey and less green. I also added some dusty/dirty layers (I'm no Guatrek though...if you want serious dirt, talk to him.) I think it looks more like a tank you'd find on the front now, and though it's still eye-catching, it's more subdued, etc.

dusty_kt.jpg

Zimorodok

Originally posted by r0tten:

This mod is gonna rock !

But I think if you blur the camo pattern a bit and give this thing a more "used" or "dusty" appearance this would be great, so it wont look like a Toys'R'Us tank out-of-the-box smile.gif

War is dirty.... ;)

Dirt, yes, blur, probably not. I'm pretty sure (and MikeD confirmed it) that most KT patterns were hard-edged from the factory.

however, I'm a good sport, so here's a slight blur, some dust and mud and a slight tint reduction:

blurry_muddy_kt.jpg

come to think of it, I like the other one better, the darker with the sharp lines.

Zimorodok

[ April 18, 2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

That camou scheme is one of three KT types I've been waiting to see. I don't have the heart to delete my own KT mod off my own game (I'm funny that way), but I may just renumber your mod with winter bmp numbers. There's no rule that says the winter vehicles have to be winter white!

Originally posted by MikeT:

Oh, it is looking better and better. Cannot wait to work up a CMMOS mod for this. Hope you have factored in some unit markings. If interested I have some web sites that you might find interesting.

MikeT

no, I hadn't factored in any unit markings... but that's not to say that they couldn't be applied. Send the links on to me. The site where I got this baby only gives a "334" in red/white as an additional marking.

Zimorodok

[ April 18, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

Fugly bright colors! :(

Add major dust effect, and it'll do.

FUGLY? That's not very polite. :mad:

I'll work on more dust; please note that I did subdue the colors by 30% and add some dust to the upper surfaces and dirt to the bottom. The second (blue) picture is the one for the released mod.

I don't think I'll be releasing the GS Camo version, it's just too silly.

Zimorodok

Originally posted by Zimorodok:

FUGLY? That's not very polite. :mad:

I'll work on more dust; please note that I did subdue the colors by 30% and add some dust to the upper surfaces and dirt to the bottom. The second (blue) picture is the one for the released mod.

Zimorodok

I could find some ruder words to describe it, but I'm sure you'll make it look swell after some slight adjusting. The first model looked like the factory workers had vomited rancid gulash all over it.

Zim, Gautrek, sorry I have been making CMMOS mods all day today so I was out of touch. I got 25 done so far and will do another 10 before the night is over.

Zim, I will email you after dinner some links to Tiger sites I have. Some are great and some have some very interesting drawings of camo patterns in them.

I also hope you don't mind when I contacted Gautrek. You mentioned it earlier and I have been in contact with him on some mods he does. I would like to have clean and dirty options for the KT when you release it.

MikeT