Zim - Your blue-green Russian Mods!!!!

"Some parts are different which caused a bit of a problem."

Yeh, that's why MikeyD's (my) last T34 mod left to do, the T-34-85 M44, is taking a bit of extra time.

But I do not intend to let the coming introduction of CMAK distract me from finishing that last T34. As a matter of fact, I'll go home tonight and get to work on it! :D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

It was more than a couple weeks ago, I'd swear it was more like a couple MONTHS ago that that lovely screenshot of the recolored Ruskie vehicles was first posted. I guess Zimorodok isn't into sharing anymore. Must be a Republican.

:(

Backup folks! I'm a Libertarian! No, really the delay is entirely because I've been working, I actually got a full-time, with benefits, job, after 16 months of unemployment. So I've been really busy. Oh, and Zimorodok's band has been recording and that sucks up my time as well.

re: the blue-green series. What I have is something like 20 vehicles done, but they are all factory-fresh. Do you all want 'em that way? I can put 'em up at cmmods tonight if there's a demand for them as-is (this whole thread is amazing to me, I didn't think anyone was interested...so i felt no pressure to finish them up). I had planned to dirty 'em up a bit, maybe offer some camo schemes, etc., but I can put them up as-is right now.

Zimorodok

[ November 24, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Its too bad, we really need the T-34/85 M44 up to the level of the others. I changed some bmps so the T-34/85 M43 bmps are on the M44, but its not as good as it could be. Some parts are different which caused a bit of a problem.

I don't have a T34/85 in this grouping, just ISU's and IS-2's.

Zim

I actually got a full-time, with benefits, job, after 16 months of unemployment. So I've been really busy.
Yeah work is a bummer! Really eats into that precious modding time! Seriously - glad you got work - even CM has to take 2nd place to things like that.

I can put 'em up at cmmods tonight if there's a demand for them as-is
AS IS would suit me just fine Zim, I only use clean mods now anyway and there may well be other modders who could help dirty them.

Yeh, that's why MikeyD's (my) last T34 mod left to do, the T-34-85 M44, is taking a bit of extra time.

Great news. Can't wait. It's sure to be another beaut!

Thanks guys smile.gif

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Zimorodok writes:

"I actually got a full-time, with benefits, job, after 16 months of unemployment."

Woo hoo! Congratulations on being properly employed again. Real life again intrudes on hobby work!

Thank you! I'm very glad to be back at work, although I've been grateful for the "interruption" since I learned a bunch of new things during my "time off". Like how to mod. smile.gif

Zimorodok

Zim -downloaded a couple of them but it turns out they are not quite what I wanted. That is not to say they arn't nice mods 'cos they are - fussy git that I am I want a lighter less saturated blue-green. So I am working through the russians myself putting a colour taken from MD on as a new layer type 'colour'.

Thanks for taking the time to post your stuff.

Its a real pain when people download your stuff but can't be bothered to say thanks. JorgeMC posted an ambush Tiger II which loads of people have downloaded but NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM had the courtesy to say thanks on his thread (I didn't D/L it BTW). Modders may stop posting their mods if that is the kind of reaction they get.

I just had to get this off my chest!!! :D

Originally posted by Limey:

Zim -downloaded a couple of them but it turns out they are not quite what I wanted. That is not to say they arn't nice mods 'cos they are - fussy git that I am I want a lighter less saturated blue-green. So I am working through the russians myself putting a colour taken from MD on as a new layer type 'colour'.

Thanks for taking the time to post your stuff.

Its a real pain when people download your stuff but can't be bothered to say thanks. JorgeMC posted an ambush Tiger II which loads of people have downloaded but NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM had the courtesy to say thanks on his thread (I didn't D/L it BTW). Modders may stop posting their mods if that is the kind of reaction they get.

I just had to get this off my chest!!! :D

well, the "goal" for this mod series was to make them match MikeyD's T-34. Generally, they do although there are hue/shade variations between the different models (the ISU's, T-38's and T-40's are real dark). As I mentioned when this thread was started, I don't consider myself done with these at all. I was simply answering a request.

Also: if you want to do this series in a different color, I think I made it very easy! I released to cmmods.com the full set of 'silver' Modder's series for these vehicles a while ago (except for the MikeyD IS-2...) so you can quickly paint them whatever tone or shade or camo you like.

I don't do it (modding) necessarily for the "credit", since I don't feel that I am as good as the Gordons, Mr Noobies, Makjagers and MikeyDs of the world. They have talent I don't, but I make a lot more mods then they do! I enjoy to making certain things possible (like making modding easier for n00bs like myself) or to fill whatever requests I can. Bogdan's mods give me a warm feeling inside since he starts from some of my bases.

On this particular thread, though, I got some notifications that what I had started needed to be released. I did so and was greeted by silence, which was rather anti-climatic for me.

Zimorodok