IS-3 and T-44 Models

I know that these are very rare to come across but taking into account the realistic, accurate modeling of the rest of the units these two don't have accurate models. The IS-3 is an IS-2 model and the T-44 looks like a T-34/85.

My only gripes so far.

Regards

Gian

P.S Hope that this might be addressed in an upcoming patch perhaps?

BFC has been pretty clear that models for the IS-3 and T-44 are at the bottom of any modeling priority list. Strangely enough, they said that they have had an IS-3 model since CMBO days. Why they didn't simply use it then and model it sounds odd. Anyway, BFC has made it quite clear that the latest patch is the last patch. IF there are any others, it will only be to fix major bugs or inaccuracies.

It makes me weep to see an IS-3 or T-44 with obviously wrong models. However, I have to admit I rarely ever use these tanks anyway. The IS-2 and T-34/85 are usually sufficient to get the job done.

[ February 19, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

Well, I not trying to stir trouble, but at least going on how accuracy is a big part of the game and that goes for the implementation on the tactics, AI and of course the 3D environment. Just odd that only two units of all the hundreds were left inaccurate.

Regards

Gian

Originally posted by Gian:

Well, I not trying to stir trouble, but at least going on how accuracy is a big part of the game and that goes for the implementation on the tactics, AI and of course the 3D environment. Just odd that only two units of all the hundreds were left inaccurate.

Regards

Gian

No, they're not perfect - but then they were never meant to be included. They didn't really see action and their rarity value (1000% for the T-44) reflects that. To turn your point against you, when you have hundreds of perfectly-modelled units which were commonplace, who cares about two super-rare ones? Have fun without them.

It makes me weep to see an IS-3 or T-44 with obviously wrong models. However, I have to admit I rarely ever use these tanks anyway. The IS-2 and T-34/85 are usually sufficient to get the job done.

...and in RL that was the reason why T-44 wasn't used operationally (ok, a very small number may have been tested in battle). T-34-85 got the job done, thus there was no need to burden the logistics by introducing a new tank.

More than just those two are using generic polygons. There's the 57mm and 75mm gun Valentines, a couple German AA halftracks, the French Somua tank in German service, etc. etc. The polygons may be wrong but the armor/gun stats should be accurate.

Don't view the glass as half empty, but half full. BFC could've very easily elected to leave out every vehicle that didn't have an accompanying polygon. This would've left the game impoverished. Or they could've elected to wait and do-up all the polygons before release which means CMBB's release date would've been sometime NEXT June and the game would be a $60 two CD set!

[ February 21, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

• 2 years later...

The IS-3 was probably never used in the war against the germans maybe against the japanese.

But if you can use it in the game then it will kick ass because it was the best tank made, better speed then the tigers also better armour and gun and everything.

So have the game makers made it that good or?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IS-3

Look how nic the IS-3 is on the picture :D