Fun, Feuds, frutescent frolics and flamed frangipani in the Peng Challenge Thread!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I'll have you know, you Aussie Skrimshanker, that my S-60, AKA "The Swedish Princess" is one of the sharpest looking cars on the road, and with a 250hp turbocharged engine, allows me to admire the competition mostly from my rearview mirror.

What a revolting thought.

Here in Gude Ahld IngoLand, Volvos are driven by the baby milk crowd and the possibly dead. I have strict rules on giving way to people, and it's:

No Caravans

No Taxis

No SUV's

No 4x4s

No Volvos

You will notice that the Volvo is the only manufacturer especially selected for this treatment.

The reason behind this is that everyone who buys a Volvo buys it for its 'superb safety record'. This classifies them as the universe's most boring people, the kind of people you avoid at a party because they are busy rootling through the host's collection of dictionaries or cheese graters, the sad mortals who are talking at a lonely young couple with a glazed expression about how great having children is, and how people need to move on and commit, and how the stench of baby spew and poo is socially acceptable, and hanging a 'baby on board' sticker is also socially acceptable, when the real truth is that the kindest thing to do these pathetic, Volvo-buying scrapes of humanity is to throw them bodily into a blast furnace and torture the evil Swedish idiots who introduced such purgatory to my motoring joy.

The worst, of course, and the most frequently encountered, are Volvos towing Caravans, who drive at a nice, safe, 38mph down the centre of the main roads, ensuring that it is impossible to either overtake or push them off the road.

I hate Volvos. All Volvos are evil and belong in the eleventh pit of hell.

Although to be fair, it's hard not to have a sharp-looking car in America, even if it's a Max Suckage Volvo.

Originally posted by SirReal:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

All Volvos are evil and belong in the eleventh pit of hell.

Well, good news! I hear sales are picking up in england since the taxi drivers' union decided to hold an XC90 caravan assembly in Kent! And we all know, can't get closer to the 11:th circle than Kent.

/SirReal </font>

Due to a sudden downpour of work, I have suspended CM:BB for a short while. I'll resume as soon as I'm done flipping these burgers. Er. Resolving this unexplained crash in a POS application, I mean.

/SirReal

Sure. Yeah. Mmm-hmm. You're just afraid of the huge advances my poor, bedraggled Aryan Supermen are making in our little pas de deux. Advances that can be measured IN FEET, IF NOT...SLIGHTLY MORE THAN FEET!

And soon I'll be making that last valiant dash across open no-man's-land right into the face of your pillboxes, which will no doubt mow me down to a man.

And here you are, taking a time-out in the last two minutes of the game, trying to "ice" my field goal kicker.

Ha! And I say again to you, HA!

We'll just see who has the cold nose between us, before this is ended laddie.

I think the war in Iraq that was outlined in the planning sessions went pretty much according to plan, though one could argue that the Turkish front could have beend handled in an alernativly better way. Barring that minor blunder the Allied forces did make great haste towards victory in removing a tyrant from power.

Are the Iraqi's better off? I would say yes, but one has to wonder how much the U.S forces can sustain themselves as around 73% of the armed forces are deployed, and will eventualy need rest from the front. I for one hope the hooligans over there lay down their rpg's and embrace a new and free democratic Iraq, which given time will come to pass.

Haha! waving bottle Good stuff! What a night...ought to try and post some more on the Thread, I suppose...seems like hours since I was last on...

Oh, well, where's that wine service? Ha, there it is! Must make hay while the sun shines...although it's dark now, of course...

But wasn't there sunshine for a while? That's puzzling. Oh, well, no worries until Monday.

gurgling noises

Here's to Mike the Winerider...no, er...Winetalker!...no, wait, that's Navajos...Here's to Mike!

Outghta sweep up some of that glass in the bathroom, someone's going to cut themselves...

What's going on here! has there been some sort of battle since I last posted?

Are you all dead or lying wounded in some corner?

Why are all these empty cans and bottles lying around!! Where is everyone?

Stumbles over something lying in a heap on the floor.......

Seanacoochie what the hell has been going on here!! where is everyone?

The pathetic shadow of the once proud man known as Seanachai struggles to stand upright...

Fair Emma, my lady... I.... I.... and he looks shamelessly around the carnage of the MBT... I have no excuses My Lady..

Well Sir.. you dissapoint me..

Last time I checked we were well ahead of that Other Thread in the posting stakes...and it looked like our next re-incarnation of the MBT would happen before the night was out..

Joe goes off for a few days and you lot take it upon yourselves to stop all normal duties and laze about till he returns....drinking the cellar dry by the looks of it..

Seachachai stands with his head down and tries to form some words but nothing comes out ............

Yes... I, of all people am fully aware that drinking while posting has never been frowned upon here in the MBT, but hiding away in some corner drinking until you are incapable of carrying out the most simpliest of duties.. (making a few posts) is indeed something you should be ashamed off...

The Fair Emma gives the Gnome one of her most fearsome looks :mad: :mad: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR then smooths down her skirts and composes herself...

Oh dear.. dunno what came over me then... Must be a throwback from when I posted in that Other Thread..

Anyway .... what's done is done, but there is work to be carried out.. and in the absence of Joe I call upon MrSpkr to get the paperwork in order..

Hmmmmmmm come to think of it, ain't MrSpkr doing some editing for that master of scenarios Rune ?

And Berli ... off recruiting some new souls....

Peng .. haven't heard a whisper since he sunk that last bottle of whisky.... I told him you know.... told him to at least water it down a little.. normally being a Scot I wouldn't suggest such sacrilege but in Pengs case I thought it necessary lest we lose him to the DEVILS CURSE .. or should that be lose the DEVILS CURSE to Peng ?

Whatever.... my point is, that I, Dame YK2, LADY OF THE POOL have had to draw my own bath, fluff my own towels, and even fetch my own wine, now I know the Justicar wont be happy about this.... I mean there is busy and there is busy... Hell I am busy... extremely so, at least until an hour ago I was... then upon hearing the news that there had been some sort of disruption to the MBT I dropped everything in order to check it out...

So... First things first.... A search party is in order to find the Squire known as Mike.. I intend to take him as my own... The details of which are yet to be drawn up...

Find him... and bring him to me...

The man or men who carry out this request will be greatly rewarded.. I'll see to it that all usual duties (including Guard duties) are waived for a month, and a hundred more Eurodollars be added to their monthly pay.

And Seanacoochie, please clear up all this mess and sort yourself out... in the absense of the Justicar you are the only Olde One around at the moment... It's time you put down the wine and get this place in some kind of order before the next incarnation.........

[ September 09, 2003, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

I'll have you know, you Aussie Skrimshanker, that my S-60, AKA "The Swedish Princess" is one of the sharpest looking cars on the road, and with a 250hp turbocharged engine, allows me to admire the competition mostly from my rearview mirror.

What a revolting thought.

Here in Gude Ahld IngoLand, Volvos are driven by the baby milk crowd and the possibly dead. I have strict rules on giving way to people, and it's:

No Caravans

No Taxis

No SUV's

No 4x4s

No Volvos

You will notice that the Volvo is the only manufacturer especially selected for this treatment.

The reason behind this is that everyone who buys a Volvo buys it for its 'superb safety record'. This classifies them as the universe's most boring people, the kind of people you avoid at a party because they are busy rootling through the host's collection of dictionaries or cheese graters, the sad mortals who are talking at a lonely young couple with a glazed expression about how great having children is, and how people need to move on and commit, and how the stench of baby spew and poo is socially acceptable, and hanging a 'baby on board' sticker is also socially acceptable, when the real truth is that the kindest thing to do these pathetic, Volvo-buying scrapes of humanity is to throw them bodily into a blast furnace and torture the evil Swedish idiots who introduced such purgatory to my motoring joy.

The worst, of course, and the most frequently encountered, are Volvos towing Caravans, who drive at a nice, safe, 38mph down the centre of the main roads, ensuring that it is impossible to either overtake or push them off the road.

I hate Volvos. All Volvos are evil and belong in the eleventh pit of hell.

Although to be fair, it's hard not to have a sharp-looking car in America, even if it's a Max Suckage Volvo. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nero's Cat:

You lot are very, very strange.

And this coming from a Lawyer. Not only that, but a lawyer from the U.K..

Would thisss make it a barrister, Precioussss? Would it wear a curly wig on it'sss head, hmmmmm? Is it going to challenge someone, Precioussss? </font>

Originally posted by Nero's Cat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Would thisss make it a barrister, Precioussss? Would it wear a curly wig on it'sss head, hmmmmm? Is it going to challenge someone, Precioussss? </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

I solicit by way of trade and leave the wigged ones well alone.

No....I don't think this needs any further commentary. Sometimes the fish jump right into the boat. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

Very limp wristed. Down-right 'soppy' really. But he is not an SSN so he won't respond.

Quite right, but it occurs to me that the number of SSN's and Squires is fairly low. How does the 'pool handle such a situation, besides the obvious step of hurling derision at the poor sod? When I had the fortune of being recognized as a SSN, there were no other SSN's or squires around, I had to thump Sir Nidan1 around quite a few times before he relented.

I would guess that the poor outboarder has it's work cut out for it, trying to bash a game out of Boo. Not that getting a game out of Boo is something to be proud of. It's like getting waste products out of a seagull.

/SirReal

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Very limp wristed. Down-right 'soppy' really. But he is not an SSN so he won't respond.

Quite right, but it occurs to me that the number of SSN's and Squires is fairly low. How does the 'pool handle such a situation, besides the obvious step of hurling derision at the poor sod? When I had the fortune of being recognized as a SSN, there were no other SSN's or squires around, I had to thump Sir Nidan1 around quite a few times before he relented.

I would guess that the poor outboarder has it's work cut out for it, trying to bash a game out of Boo. Not that getting a game out of Boo is something to be proud of. It's like getting waste products out of a seagull.

/SirReal </font>

Originally posted by Nero's Cat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Quite right, but it occurs to me that the number of SSN's and Squires is fairly low. How does the 'pool handle such a situation, besides the obvious step of hurling derision at the poor sod?

Well, as the newest minted Knigget, we just throw all the little idjits your way.

Didn't realize that was part of the devil's bargin, did you?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Clip your nails in bed.

Now sod off.

/SirReal

And I see you've got enough time to post here and yet not return moves. Oh, what a prevaricator you truly are, Sirrah!

Oh, and Noba-D-Loves-Me-No-More? I hope you've got your steel bumbershoots all ready.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirReal:

Quite right, but it occurs to me that the number of SSN's and Squires is fairly low. How does the 'pool handle such a situation, besides the obvious step of hurling derision at the poor sod?

Well, as the newest minted Knigget, we just throw all the little idjits your way.

Didn't realize that was part of the devil's bargin, did you?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Clip your nails in bed.

Now sod off. </font>