Bogging and the manual

CMBB: special edition manual states on page 78 that fast movement significantly increases the chance of bogging, yet in a few threads that I have seen from time to time the opposite has been mentioned. I tend to play it safe with my Uber's and am relatively new to the game, so don't have the experience yet to know which is correct. Which is right?

My (limited) testing seems to indicate that although you may bog SOONER if you move fast rather than slowly, you will move FARTHER before bogging if you move fast rather than slowly.

In other words, I have given up driving slowly, since the lower chance of bogging does not offset the shorter distance covered. If your objective is to get to a certain place without bogging, you are more likely to make it moving quickly than slowly. I now almost never use the "Move" command for vehicles. I don't seen any point.

Originally posted by tar:

My (limited) testing seems to indicate that although you may bog SOONER if you move fast rather than slowly, you will move FARTHER before bogging if you move fast rather than slowly.

In other words, I have given up driving slowly, since the lower chance of bogging does not offset the shorter distance covered. If your objective is to get to a certain place without bogging, you are more likely to make it moving quickly than slowly. I now almost never use the "Move" command for vehicles. I don't seen any point.

I concur - this has been the same experience with me.

A prime example was just the other day where I had a T34 racing around behind a Tiger to get a rear shot - during the movie i was locked on view with the T34, and lo and behold, I see the 'bogged' appear, and it would have left me 10 metres behind some woods to block LOS, but, because I was travelling 'fast', the T34 rolled to a stop those last few meters, and wham, thank you for the first shot kill smile.gif

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

I'd also swear there are other factors involved too, like bogging while travelling through low ground instead of high ground. But I seem to be the only one who's noticed (or imagined) that.

Don't brag, you're not the only one. </font>