What's your favourite T-26 model?

Just last night I played my first battle with the new v1.02 patch's BT-2 (37mm gun turret!). It was a random Quickbattle and the AI gave me some of the funkiest early war armor combinations you could ever hope to find! BT-2s, those twin turret mg tanks. none of my vehicles had radios and all were as green as grass. I of course got my butt thoroughly and completely whupped but I great fun in the process.

If you're starting to suffer from CMBB burn-out from too many Stug/T-34 engagements I highly recommend trying a battle with LARGE NUMBERS of funky early-war armor.

could agree more about the t-26, the 45mm looks impressive until i find that the quality of the regular tankers or the quality of the rounds are bad. quite a number of shattered rounds or misses.

i tried to play a balanced game of 5 PzIII and 14 T-26s. lost all the t-26s.

perhaps using it as a better armed half-track would be more apt.

[ April 25, 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

They work best if employed as leaflets. Yeah, I agree they're useless but they cut the cake nicely taking troops into the thick of it.

I have them shoot and scooting in one PBEM and my opponent thinks he has a division of T-34/M41s at his doorstep. Or so he leads me to believe. We'll see...

I might remind that, for instance, all the Romanians have in 1941 are French Renault tanks, which should give a fair competition against T-26's. And yes, there is the T-26E, a true Ãœbertank with its 50mm frontal armour!!!

I personally like BT's more, because T-26 are so s-l-o-w. But they look very cute, don't they! smile.gif

In a PBEM fight I've going on, I've a platoon of five T-26s. It's mid '41 if my memory serves me right.

Of my platoon two are already lost, we're halfway into the fight, about. Another lost to a PZ IV, the short-barrelled variety. The other was lost to a Panzerjäger I. The remaining three are on my left , behind a small ridge. On the other side are two Panzers, and in the middle of the map my opponent has a AFV, probably an AA Halftrack or something, equipped with a 20-mm gun.

Should I start advancing into any direction, I could kiss my tin-boxes good-bye. They're only function currently is keeping the aforementioned Panzers at the other side of the ridge, but challenging them would be suicidal.

What do you do with an AFV that gets riddled with holes in front of any weapon that says "Bang" ? I'd like my tank to withstand even some hits, but the T-26 couldn't even deflect a rock hurled at it by a furious 10-year old. :mad:

What I like about them is that they are very hygienic - this one was very keen to take a bath:

lighttank.jpg

Also, they make a great change from pebbles when you are trying to arrange your Zen garden, as this discerning Landser appears to be contemplating - now how to get the bugger home, one wonders. BTW - being the E version did not help much, it appears:

lighttank4.jpg

T26 - there's one for every Landser to bag. Don't leave Russia without the trophy of choice!

[ April 25, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Andreas ]