Before Goodale, we never had a Cheery Threat; after Goodale, we never had a Waffle

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Any of you nongs know if you can lock up a thread that you have started and want to go away? Or is the solely the realm of the moderators?

I hope you are not referring to the Space Alien Punk Rockers in Utah Thread. It seems to be one of the most popular titles!

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Guns spelled backwards is snugs.

Axe, my boy, I hate to rain on your parade, (not really), but GUNS spelled backwards is SNUG, not SNUGS!! If you are going to edit the briefings for CMAK, I'd like to think that you know words of four letters don't have five when reversed. Of course, at higher latitudes like Minnesota and Canada, anything is possible. :rolleyes::D

Now, on to a more serious point I'd like to raise with all of our associates who frequent the Brand P thread. I'm sure all of you are hanging around, waiting to see what lunacy Croda, Seanachai, and other mythical figures will unleash next around here. However, I have noticed that not one of you has sent along good wishes to our friend Axe on his pending marriage. Oh, the shame of it! For people who live with visions of nobility and chivalry dancing in your heads, this is an unforgivable oversight! Nay, friends, it comes perilously close to an insult to Axe and all things Canadian, like hockey pucks, SCTV, and Michael Dorosh. :mad: :mad:

FYI, Axe will be adding a Mrs. Axe next Saturday. His soon-to-be wife is the lovely, talented, and exceedingly forgiving Paula. She has been exposed to the Cheery Waffle threads and still plans to go through with this wedding. In my book, this places her on the fast track to sainthood. :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

Tell ya what Dave I will send a case of wine for you to hold for the happy couple. Then when Axe comes down, finds out how great America is and moves into your garage, the four of you can live happily ever after. What was that address again, if you please?

She is obviously heavily medicated, demented, Candadian or some combination of the above.

Snugs is the plural of snug.

Well of course it is. Everybody knows that. :D

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Look Dave, I'm married (since forever) and you don't send good wishes, you send sympathy.

Especially to Paula

Jim, you make an excellent point about sympathy for Paula. However, I'm assuming she is an adult, although Axe has been very fuzzy on that particular subject. He says she has actually read some of the Cheery Waffle thread. If she hasn't run for cover by this time, I have to believe she actually wants to marry this guy. So no, there will be no sympathy for Paula. :D:D

Oh, and mike_the_wino, go take a few more laps in the fermenting tanks. You're still almost coherent. In your own peculiar way. :mad: :D

Originally posted by Dave H:

So no, there will be no sympathy for Paula. :D:D

Okay, that settles that....Ahem:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

All the best to our good friend Axe2121 and his soon to be bos...wife Paula.

May their nuptials never wither and their bliss never run dry. May they be blessed with little Tomahawks to carry forward their legacy.

May their days together be as full as Goodale's in-box.

I need the password to choose Mike's *snicker* forces in his battle against the wily Indianan.

Point of Order, Mr. Chairman. Point of Order. :mad: :mad:

There's no such thing as an "Indianan". We are proudly known to all as Hoosiers, and residents of 49 other states, all foreign nations, and the known universe wish they could be Hoosiers too. At least they may have watched the movie "Hoosiers". :D:D