Airsupport bug...

OK - I realize that I am way too late in finding this for any patch to correct but this one is a bit strange. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen.

The year is 1943 June and my friend and I are playing a premade map with me on the attack (allied) and him on the defence (axis). I went meat and potatoes style with a mix of regular and SMG infantry, some light arty (mainly for smoke) and a few platoons of T-34's. The only luxury I allowed myself was 2 IL-M2 (early) Ground attack planes for air support. Well... the data on them says that they get a maximum of 6 strafes with 4 X 110lb bombs and 8 missles. I was thinking this would be a bunch of fun if they actually manage to come in and drop their loads. We are now on turn 19 out of 30 and so far the planes have dropped 1 round of missles and 4 passes of bombing runs. One of the bombing runs causes all the small shack style houses on the entire map to explode eventhough there were no apparent bombs falling in the area and they were way away from where the set of bombs actually fell.

I have the file saved and can give it out to people if they are so inclined. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Cheers,

I've seen screenshots from old posts, and maybe experienced something similar once or twice.

On your game, were the parameters set for heavy damage, or anything like that? Sometimes half the houses on a map are already about to fall down at startup, and small shacks were never that sturdy to begin with.

I have seen this nuke bug too. Never could consistently recreate it. I think it has something to do with a bomb exploding just off map but I cant prove it.

Was kind of cool when I saw it--20 blocks of stalingrad upped and exploded.

WWB