Cheery Threats of Stale Waffles and Moldy Goodales

<big><big>SNARKERS YOU MORON!!!!</big></big>

The Italians at Stalingrad did not fight in the bleedin' city, and a 3km square map for 1500 pts is the stupidest thing I've seen in CMBB ever!! It took me 20 minutes just to find my guys at +4 with bases on! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now if you must chose maps then either make them real or I'll go to random ones!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

[QB] March 29, 2003

...Canadian snip, eh?...

Ballantyne said he expects glorious victory in both scenarios.

The hoser Ballantyne is also expecting a glorious visit from the Easter Bunny soon, and he's "pretty sure" he spotted a leprechaun on St. Patrick's Day. :D

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Hmmmmmm

Are you finished yet? tongue.gif

So is this the secret to amassing a huge total of posts, to just post a cryptic "Hmmmmmm"? Naturally, this counts just as much in the post total as one of JasonC's research epics, which shows how misleading the raw number of posts can be. Somehow I just can't glean as much information from it as I would like, though. Are you bothered that nobody seems to be responding? Are you bored? Or are you humming a song to which you can't quite remember the lyrics? :confused:

Good lord!!! ... I've found my most favorite thread on pg.2 :eek: maggots.

I'm looking for a battle or two by the way.. please send a set-up. I promise to return turns nightly unless I'm crippled by a mold infestion. I will gladly exchange insults in the near future.

GRRrrr :mad:

Originally posted by UXcva:

Good lord!!! ... I've found my most favorite thread on pg.2 :eek: maggots.

This is exactly the kind of thing that can happen over a quiet weekend, with MasterGoodale again AWOL, with mike the wino hitchhiking home from Las Vegas, with Soddball posting over in the General Forum, with Axe2121 celebrating the big win by Syracuse, and with everyone else comatose from the latest war news. Thanks for catching the page creep of this thread and restoring it to the one place that keeps MasterGoodale's blood pressure manageable. :rolleyes:

UXcva, what kind of a game do you have in mind? A QB, a scenario, or what? I could probably squeeze something in, since I have a couple of PBEMs that are in limbo right now. Send me an e-mail this afternoon and we'll get rolling. :cool:

I spent most of the weekend drinking, reeling from hangovers, and building new CM:BB scenarios - sometimes all three at the same time. Gaylord Frotwit's email keeps bouncing turns back to me, so that is his fault.

All other turns will follow now I have sobered up and now my new masterpiece is complete. Ahahahaahahaaha!!!

Soddball, let me be the first to congratulate you for the map of your Kneiber Dam scenario. That is some dazzling terrain. :cool: Did you happen to watch "Force 10 From Navarone" sometime recently? This reminds me of the terrain in that movie. If it was daylight no German would get anywhere close to the dam. Since it's night, and there is so much woods, we'll have to see. Axe has already drawn first blood out in the woods well away from the dam. Meanwhile I'm trying to call in the patrols for defensive duty. Who will get to the destination first? Tension is building. :eek:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Tension is building. :eek:

The only tension in that scenario is in Dave H's troops' bowels which my battle-hardened Fallschirmjäger will only be too happy to relieve. It's sad really, the sight of his mewling, half-witted potato farmers running for their lives through the trees.

(Just kidding about the tension. Soddy's latest creation is a gem. Fantastic map.)

In another update, should Mike_the_destitute scrape together enough for bus fair to return from Vegas I shall recommence my hammering of his troops.

Forward, march!

I'm glad you two are enjoying the map so far. The inspiration is actually "The Dambusters", so you were close.

I originally designed the scenario for CM:BO about nine months ago but never released it. It was good fun to play on attack vs the Axis AI. I redid it for CM:BB - about 2 days on the map - and that was hard work - and half a day to pick force balance and lay the units out. You have the final version there, so once you're done, let me have your opinions, and I'll make the necessary modifications and release it to The Scenario Depot.

Originally posted by Soddball:

[QB] I'm glad you two are enjoying the map so far. The inspiration is actually "The Dambusters", so you were close...

Well, if I see some 4-engined bombers come skimming over the lake and some searchlights shining down on the surface, we're getting away from this dam! I actually thought about that movie, too, but then thought better of asking about it. GRRR!!! :mad: :mad: Anyway, Axe's Germans are beginning to discover that the dam is defended. They are hearing truckloads of Russian troops arriving. Some of his Germans are also getting shot in the back, which is a pretty cool deal for me. And by cool, I mean totally sweet!! :D

Anybody heard anything from GoodMasterdale lately? He sent me one turn last week, and now he's disappeared again. Also mike the whiner? Maybe he didn't make it out of Las Vegas alive after all. Or even worse, maybe he won big! That would be hard to take, unless he shares his winnings with his PBEM opponents, which seems fair. ;)

Paddington seems to be alive and well in Finland, after a two-week hardware implosion. I'm expecting a turn right this moment, or sooner. Got that, Paddington? Quit shoveling snow and send a turn! :D

[ March 31, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Originally posted by Dave H:

Anyway, Axe's Germans are beginning to discover that the dam is defended. They are hearing truckloads of Russian troops arriving. Some of his Germans are also getting shot in the back, which is a pretty cool deal for me. And by cool, I mean totally sweet!!

Your treachery will not go unpunished! Our military scientists have been working on an uberweapon -- the Moldfaust!

Boys from 8 to men of 98 can use this shoulder fired phenomenon which can deliver a debilitating stream of mold in your choice of blue, green or black. MoldyGumdrop has felt its stinging effect before and, as you can see, he can barely send out turns now.

You are next Dave H.

You have been warned.

MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

GARARARRGARARRGARARARGA :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jas :mad: n

So how long do we legally have to wait until we notify the proper authorities Mike_the_Wino is officially missing?

How about morally?

I haven't read anything about a body being discovered in any trunks or dumpsters in Vegas.

Cheers,

Jas :mad: n