DerKessel is closing shop

Thanks to everybody for the warm words. I must admit I feel a bit homeless myself, maybe I'll start peddling scenarios under a bridge next. smile.gif

I would like to add that the hard work on the site, and the excellent design are Greg's (Mensch) work, and that throughout the existence the site has really been a team effort in terms of content provision.

You'll see us around individually, since many of us are all still at it, and some may even design scenarios ;)

Make sure you check out Cory's 'Gorodok' at the Depot, it is a very good scenario.

Remember, the bird is not dead, it is merely resting, or maybe pining for the fjords. :D

It is a shame to see the site close. As a new comer to the series I have not played any of the scenarios yet, but down loaded some before the site went down.

One question is are the scenarios not marked (CMBB) all for CMBO?

I downloaded the page with the info about the scenario as well as the file for future reference. The only trouble I am having is determining which CM version some of the scenarios are for.

Are these files available somewhere else yet, as I did not manage to get them all?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

As a “sleeping” member of DerKessel I would also like to thank Mensch/Greg for his work. He is clearly a natural at website building. The site always looked stunning. smile.gif

As for CMBB and lack of interest, there is certainly no lack of interest in CMBB. However, it is true that many of us, certainly myself, may have taken on more potential involvement in CMBB projects than we have ended up having time for. I think this is the reason. I have found that one can end up involved in so many projects that there is no time to actually play CMBB! Always doing bits and pieces related to CMBB, but not actually playing it a lot. Such a tragic situation cannot be allowed to last!

My interest in CM games deepens with each new version, CMBB being a huge leap in realism from CMBO, in my view, not that I was anything other than in awe of CMBO. But I have learnt to slow down in getting involved in CM type projects that may make too many demands on my time.

Thanks to all those who made DerKessel happen. Particularly all the people who have done work “behind the scenes”.

All the best,

Kip.

All, thanks again, and thanks to those who emailed me privately.

Following those inquiries, I will try and make all my scenarios, and those of my colleagues who agree available for DL somewhere as a big zip file, in the next few weeks, maybe on the Depot. That way they at least are not lost completely.

When I have done that, I will post here.