A sad little tank

Originally posted by redwolf:

Frames.

First use the "show this frame only" right-klick, then cut'b'paste the URL.

Color me stupid: I have no idea what you are talking about. Well, I can follow the "right-click" part, and I know what "cut & paste" means, but putting it all together to see what Hans meant us to see is beyond me.

Duh.

Michael

Frames means several webpages are shown at once as one and the interesting ones are the inner ones. But the URL display displays the URL of the uninteresting and non-changing outermost.

In the webpage you want to see you are supposed to be able to right-klick and the menu should contain an entry "show only this frame".

If you select that, then the status bar of your browser will show the true location of the formerly "inner" frame you are interested in.

[ August 17, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Frames means several webpages are shown at once as one and the interesting ones are the inner ones. But the URL display displays the URL of the uninteresting and non-changing outermost.

In the webpage you want to see you are supposed to be able to right-klick and the menu should contain an entry "show only this frame".

If you select that, then the status bar of your browser will show the true location of the formerly "inner" frame you are interested in.

Okay, I guess I better tell you that I am using Internet Explorer as my browser. There is no item on the menu that says "show only this frame". There is one that says, "Open this frame in new window," but that's all that it does. It doesn't take me anywhere there is a tank to look at, sad or otherwise.

:confused:

What is it I am supposed to be looking for?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

Okay, I guess I better tell you that I am using Internet Explorer as my browser. There is no item on the menu that says "show only this frame". There is one that says, "Open this frame in new window," but that's all that it does. It doesn't take me anywhere there is a tank to look at, sad or otherwise.

</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

</font>