Screenshots in briefings for CMAK?

What I really would like to see in CMAK is the ability to incorporate pictures into the briefing files. This way the scenario designer could use screenshots as 'reccon photos' to indicate likely enemy strongpoints or other tactically important points.

A screenie from lvl 6 of the enemy positions, a black and white filter and some movement blur and voilá, there's your aerial reccon pic! That would IMO add some nice immersion factor to the briefings.

Any chances this feature could make it in?

[ May 28, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

How did he do that? I thought it wasn't possible in CM? :confused:

Or do you mean a seperate briefing, outside of CM?

No, it was in the CM briefing. The scenario depicts a raid behind German lines to destroy a Chem Lab, and he added several screenshots of the German's defensive layouts, all done in grainy black and white as though they were taken by a spy or recon team. I have no idea on how he did it, but like I said, it added a nice touch. You can still pick it up at the depot.

There's been some discussion (debate) for awhile about adding pictures to briefings in the next game engine. It'd be done, in one proposal, by building the briefing pages in HTML, sorta like a web page. But I doubt BFC can bring this feature on line full tested by the release date for CMAK. And it'd really complicate the lives of the scenario designers, especially if they don't have any HTML experience under their belt.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

There's been some discussion (debate) for awhile about adding pictures to briefings in the next game engine. It'd be done, in one proposal, by building the briefing pages in HTML, sorta like a web page. But I doubt BFC can bring this feature on line full tested by the release date for CMAK. And it'd really complicate the lives of the scenario designers, especially if they don't have any HTML experience under their belt.

Yes, using HTML or some other format would mean involving an outside program like Internet Explorer (gaaak!) into CM.

On the other hand, it would be simple to add another window to the briefing screen with images (fixed size perhaps), and allow a set of JPGs to be added.

It wouldn't be "in the briefing" but you could refer to the images in the text.