Somoua S35 Art Question

I was curious why the Somoua S35 in CMBB looks like a renault R35 or an Hotchkiss H39? The Actual S35 looked more like a Sherman than a Renault, if i remember right most S35's were a burgundy color with a yellow top and a .37mm main gun. The one in game looks like it has a snub nose mortar barrel.

Not being picky its just one art thing that i think would add a little icing on an already wonderfull game.

Thanks again for reading, this is my first post in here.

I can tell you are new to CM. Welcome.

As you get into the game and maybe the other two, you will find what are called "shared" units. Rather than include separate 3d models for Souma, R35 and H39 BFC decided to use the R35 model for all three. The stats are different in the game engine.

In the CMx2 forum it was said that BFC ran out of time to include some 3d models and substituted what they had.

Here is a French website with some neat pics and stats for French AFVs.

Chars-Francais

Click on de 1930 a 1940

Another problem was they absolutely ran out of CD space to cram any extra art onto! The debate was whether to share pgraphics between vehicles (done a LOT in CMBO) or leave any vehicles without dedicated polygons out of the game entirely. Looked at that way, shared polygons doesn't seem to bad. Other shared graphics include the late war IS-3 and T-44 using IS-2 and T34-85 polygons. In CMAK its the Churchill I and II using Churchills III polygons, and Brit AEC armored cars using Staghound polygons.

• 2 weeks later...