Cocat II

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone here, but in the off chance that it is I just though I should mention that the first official version of Cocat II (beta 6) is now available.

It's a fairly big download (ca. 10 Mb), but it includes all the neccessary system files and the user guide.

You can download it here:

http://home.online.no/~paaar/cii_german.zip

http://home.online.no/~paaar/cii_soviet.zip

(only the names on the map differs in the two versions)

If you don't have any clue what I'm talking about, you probably don't have any reason to download! smile.gif

Also, if this should have been posted somewhere else, I humbly appologize and ask the moderators to move it to a more suitable location.

Regards,

Hawk

Originally posted by BulletRat:

Um, what exactly IS it?

I'm just your standard uninformed joe on these boards so I dunno... :D

It is so called " Band of Lovers " tournament for callow players...

konrad

Faithfull Squire To SIR AUSSIEJEFF

It's a graphical tool (PC only) to help run the CMMC2 (Combat Mission Meta Campaign 2).

You can create units, place them on a map and move them around. You can also draw on the map (lines, polygons, shapes etc). All data can be saved and exhanged between users (players/GMs) using email.

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Cool.

It would be totally sweet if you could load your own main map.

What happened to zoom?

It was agreed upon that zoom was not neccessary. I'll start working on a more general tool now where you can load your own map (among other things). smile.gif

Originally posted by Hawk:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Cool.

It would be totally sweet if you could load your own main map.

What happened to zoom?

It was agreed upon that zoom was not neccessary. I'll start working on a more general tool now where you can load your own map (among other things). smile.gif </font>

Glad you liked it! smile.gif

Unfortunately it's been designed specific for CMMC2 and it would be way to much work to convert it to another campaign.

If you want to I can tweak the previous version (Cocat 2.13) for you. I've allready done that for 3 other campaigns.

Or you can wait for the next program which will be designed to be generic.

Originally posted by Hawk:

If you want to I can tweak the previous version (Cocat 2.13) for you. I've allready done that for 3 other campaigns.

Or you can wait for the next program which will be designed to be generic.

I am confused..

Above u say u will add generic map loading ?to the current version?, yet here u say u would tweak an old version??

Generic map loading is "all" that is needed to

make it Uber-useful to onions.

Sorry if I was unclear!

Cocat II is not suited for your purpose (i.e. use in another campaign)! There's too much data about the current map hardcoded into it.

I'll now be starting work on a completely new program that will be designed specifically to be generic (i.e. load your own maps etc). However, that program will not be available for quite some time.

If you don't want to wait for the new program, I can tweak the previous version of Cocat (Cocat 2.13 which you can find here) for you. I would need a map file from you, and some info about it.

Hope that was clear! smile.gif