Penetration of guns against armour

This is a confusing issue. Both cmak and cmbb had different values for penetration og guns against armour. Through the research I have done, half of the values are more accurate in cmbb and the other half in cmak.

So what do eveyone else think, was cmbb or cmak more accurate. Can an agreed statistic be agreed on, as there is a lot of conflicting values.

I think they are probably both highly accurate. Those figures are left very very vague. For example, perhaps the ammo type X works better against some charachteristic of Soviet armor while Y works better against the western allies. From the research I have done the game performance (armor wise) is actually incredibly realistic, especially when you consider the purpose the program was written for!

Mike

why do the german tanks in cmak have a higher penetration value than in cmbb, against the same armour thickness? The figures seem to me to be more realistic in cmbb apart from the 75/48, 88/71 and 75/24 guns, which are more realistic in cmak.

Yoy can't have different figures, just bacause one sceneraros is set in Italy and the other in the eastern front.

Yoy can't have different figures, just bacause one sceneraros is set in Italy and the other in the eastern front.
Sure you can, were American and Soviet armors identical? And battlefront says straight up that those figures vary considerably from vehicle to vehicle as to what is being shot at. Those displayed figures are only a vague reference.

Mike

Originally posted by ww2steel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Yoy can't have different figures, just bacause one sceneraros is set in Italy and the other in the eastern front.

Sure you can, were American and Soviet armors identical? And battlefront says straight up that those figures vary considerably from vehicle to vehicle as to what is being shot at. Those displayed figures are only a vague reference.

Mike </font>

flamingknives is exactly right. The stats in the info screen are for general purposes. If gun X will penetrate 70 mm of typical american armor and 80 mm of typical soviet armor (or whatever), the info screen will show the 70mm state in a west front game and the 80 mm stat in an eastern front game. Although if the gun is firing against a soviet sherman, the actual calculated penetration will be 70mm, not 80mm.

Flaming, Andrew, and myself are all saying the same thing here.

Also Mav, you know that the figures change on those in game tables depending when you look at it, right? (Different time in the war the same gun displays different figures because of ammo changes.) I'm not just talking about adding Pzgr40 or anything, the AP tound will sometimes display different figures, depending on when the battle is set. For example, take a HEAT round for the 7.5cm L/24- there are three different ones displaying different info for different times in the war, all in CMBB. Your 88L56 though I think stayed the same the entire war (as far as CMBB is concerned).

Hope this helps,

Mike