"Infantery squad?"

Hi.

When you hilight an enemy soldier, the information you get is: "Infantery squad?" or something in that way.

This made me wonder: Does one guy on the screen represent a squad of soldiers, or is one guy on screen one guy IRL?

Thanks for the answers!

(I´m a newbe, but I think you got that ;) )

From the manual:

"Although you see individual figures standing on the map these do not represent single men, but rather a group. In the case of squads, usually three figures (two if you use the 'reduced figures' option) represent anywhere from 7-14 men. Teams (including HQs and gun crews) are shown as one figure regardless of the actual team size..."

Edit: If an enemy infantry unit hasn't been yet identified you will see only one figure. Once your men are sure it's a full squad it will be shown with three figures.

[ November 17, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Welcome to the forums Oldblood of Sweden

This thread should clarify squad representation.

Check your manual and key settings. As you better identify enemy infantry, even in extreme fog of war, you'll get a single figure 'expand' to the 3 figure depiction of a squad (depending on casualties and/or settings).

P.S. spell check 'infantery' - your spelling reminds me of troops with dysentery:p

Wicky from Blighty

Originally posted by Oldblood:

Hi.

When you hilight an enemy soldier, the information you get is: "Infantery squad?" or something in that way.

This made me wonder: Does one guy on the screen represent a squad of soldiers, or is one guy on screen one guy IRL?

Thanks for the answers!

(I´m a newbe, but I think you got that ;) )

The identification of "Infantry Squad?" with a single enemy soldier icon means you know nothing of the composition of that unit. It could be a full-strength infantry squad, a half-squad, or even a squad with only a single man surviving. Until your own men get a better identification, assume it's a full-strength squad. :D