Throw some TNT on the fire before it Waffles and mind the Cheery renovations

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Out of curiosity, my most loathsome Goodalers, will you be moving your wallowing over to the CMAK forum when this thread has run it's course? Or staying here?

Tsk, tsk. I used to think you were above the lumpenposters here Seanachai (not by much, mind you) but I must reconsider my position after your use of "it's" as the possessive form of the word thread.

And yet another of my cultural icons crumbles to dust. *sniff*

Nihilism has never looked so appealing.</font>

I'm in Snarker territory! No one got the viola joke?

As we have tried to convey to Snarker, if you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny.

Jim -- I think you meant 'voila.'
Ole Gym Socks could've meant "jello" for all I care. Bad pun from a French Canadian maggot.

In other news:

Dave H lost. I know, no surprise here. It was a measly 63-37 minor-feckin-victory. I demand a recount. The sun was in my eyes. I was sober, let me try again drunk.

I would normally take a win as a win but, it's Dave. And he sucked like a $2 whore, a $2 CAN whore even. Sweet soothing liquor will settle my nerves.

Turns out to all today. I have found a brief window of sanity in the last couple of days and the rest has done me well. As you can see I now have the energy to sling vitrile at the putrid, festering boils (yep that's you lot). Speaking of festering boils, where is Soddball? Detained by customs I should hope. Teddy don't you have some influence by which you plant some incriminating evidence on the lad and get him deported to some third world country, like France or Canada?

Originally posted by Dave H:

You realize, I suppose, that every word in every briefing on the CMAK CD will receive the same scrutiny.

Ah, but I shall blame all mistakes on MrSpkr as I'm sure he'll blame them on me.

Thanks to Rune for taking on both of us.

I'm in Snarker territory! No one got the viola joke?

Jim -- I think you meant 'voila.'

Pearls before swine, I swear. :mad: :mad:

Naw, Jim probably did mean viola and yes, we are swine. Your point being???

:D :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Out of curiosity, my most loathsome Goodalers, will you be moving your wallowing over to the CMAK forum when this thread has run it's course? Or staying here?

Possessive pronouns aside - why?

AFAIK no-one on this thread is playing AK, and if various ppl want to have their contributions to the AK CD criticised then perchance this thread is not really the ideal place to do it??!!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

You realize, I suppose, that every word in every briefing on the CMAK CD will receive the same scrutiny.

Ah, but I shall blame all mistakes on MrSpkr as I'm sure he'll blame them on me.</font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Thanks to Rune for taking on both of us.

A journalist, a lawyer and an Eevil scenario designer. There's an unholy trinity if I ever saw one. </font>

Tsk, tsk. I used to think you were above the lumpenposters here Seanachai (not by much, mind you) but I must reconsider my position after your use of "it's" as the possessive form of the word thread.

And yet another of my cultural icons crumbles to dust. *sniff*

Mea culpa. It was late, I was drunk. Usually I catch those.

In other news, Jim Boggs has really "stepped" in it this time.

Mwahahahahaha!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, we got some new type ammo at the Supply Dump. Boy those ricochet shells get a lot of hits, but don't seem to do much damage.

Maggot!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Yeah, we got some new type ammo at the Supply Dump. Boy those ricochet shells get a lot of hits, but don't seem to do much damage.

Maggot!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Maggot!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Jimmy now be a nice lad and tell the class how our epic infantry struggle is going. While you are at it you may want to throw in the word "gamey" once or thrice, I do have a reputation to uphold. :D

All around the crescendo of artillery bursting in an unending sonnet. 122mm's, 152mm's, 280mm's, one after the other in an unceasing cascade

Boggs awoke, sweat pouring from his brow. He was in a hospital, his left leg in a cast from his ankle to his hip.

A nearby nurse looked up and saw that he was awake, "Gretchen", she called to another nurse nearby, "Get the Colonel, the Captain is awake."

Boggs noticed a calendar. Three days had passed since he last remembered anything. He had been assigned to probe the Russian positions. HQ was concerned about a build-up, but couldn't determine the strength.

The mission had been a nightmare from start to finish. All along the route Russian artillery rained down without let-up and in increasing calibers as the mission progressed. His assault teams had been blasted by heavy artillery fire while hidden in their assembly points deep in the woods. He had reported the heavy artillery concentrations to his battalion commander and was gathering up what remnants he could muster for one final assault when he was hit by a blast of artillery fire and fell unconscious.

He was stirred from his thoughts by the approach of Colonel von Blucher, his regimental commander.

The Colonel strode up to his bed and smartly saluted the startled captain.

"My dear captain, you mission was a complete success. The intel you gathered about the enemy artillery enabled us to deduce the enemy's strength and intentions. We were able to smash a corps counter-attack because of your efforts. It seems that there was an ammo shortage as well amongst the artillery units so when it ran out, we moved forward and.....well, the slaughter was immense. The Russians in this sector have completely collapsed"

Boggs sat up, "But sir, what of my opponent in this fight. I found out his name was Mikeovich. Any word on his fate?"

The Colonel paused, "Yes, now that I think of it. He was blamed for the disaster and shot. Well, you get better, I have to return to the front. Once again, Congratulations."

With that he turned and exited the hospital bay, leaving Boggs to ponder the amazing twists and fates of war.

Originally posted by Dave H:

I now have the following record with four of the seven games completed: 1 Major Defeat, 1 Tactical Defeat, 1 Minor Defeat, and 1 Draw. Pretty even distribution of results.

Math grog. I think if you plot this it will show a trend of suck-a-tude unmatched by all but MolassasTurnrate

Boy those ricochet shells get a lot of hits, but don't seem to do much damage.

Speaking of ricochets, in a recent non-maggoty PBEM, three Tigers and one Stug of mine met one SU-85. All tanks in this confrontation were in hull down positions, distance approx. 380 meters. My tanks managed to hit the bloody thing about a dozen times, including gun hits, all ineffective. The end result was that I lost 2 Tigers, 1 Stug, and the last Tiger lost its gun! :eek: :mad:

Graarrgggghhhh!!!! Just saw a picture of the new 'Merican money. It's got feckin' colors! "Peach" fer crying out loud!!!! "Peach" isn't a color, it's a fruit!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any of you read about "Metro Men"??? GRGRAAAAAARRGHH!!!!!! Makes me want to chuck even more TNT!!!! Who wants some??? Girlie-hetro Metro Men need not apply, I'm not handing out pedicures. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: