Throw some TNT on the fire before it Waffles and mind the Cheery renovations

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

This is too much. I finally win a battle, and it turns out to be in a scenario where my side always wins! Well, I'm sure the new Russian units could do as much damage as half of my T-34s did, so maybe it wouldn't be a total disaster. On the other hand, I don't think the German player is going to be nearly as concerned about a few extra infantry as he is by a T-34.

I need to dig up that "Worst CM Commander" thread to find some new PBEM opponents. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nah Dave I lost a couple of the battles during play testing even with my advantage of being creator of the scenario. It is a tough fight on a tough map. The constant surprises really keeps one guessing.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Top of the page!!! Top of the world!!!!

Must be a nice change for you - although I thought you'd be finding it warm and cosey underneath all that dung!

Gamey Updates:

Axe smashed me so bad in Magnawhatever Bridgehead that we called the game after Battle 2. Whoever designed this scenario needs to be beaten with his own limbs.

In our re-creation of factory district fighting in Stalingrad, Axe and I have succeeded a bit too well: the corpses are stacked like cord wood and while I've acheived objectives within the factory, it was probably at the cost of losing the battle.

Continuing in the Axe theme, once the abomination of an operation described at the beginning was over, we started a recon scenario. Neat map. No other thoughts. Hey, I'm the lawyer, not the journalist.

Abbott and I are play testing another scenario. Another triumph of a map, now we see how it plays.

Jim Boggs mentioned sending a setup over the weekend (after pasting me in our third tank duel) but hasn't been heard from in a bit. Everything okay Jim? I lead 2-1, this is your chance to even the series!

Snarker is almost released from the pain that is battle two of Tank Warning. To summarize: he killed all of my tanks in 5 turns in battle one. I did the same thing to him in battle 2. That's 20 more turns of hitting go for those following at home.

Goodale once again proved that whatever else he is a master of, manners is not one of them. Taunting in an orders phase? For shame.

Oh,

:mad:

Originally posted by Becket:

Gamey Updates:

Axe smashed me so bad in Magnawhatever Bridgehead that we called the game after Battle 2. Whoever designed this scenario needs to be beaten with his own limbs.

Agreed. :mad:

In our re-creation of factory district fighting in Stalingrad, Axe and I have succeeded a bit too well: the corpses are stacked like cord wood and while I've acheived objectives within the factory, it was probably at the cost of losing the battle.

Continuing in the Axe theme, once the abomination of an operation described at the beginning was over, we started a recon scenario. Neat map. No other thoughts. Hey, I'm the lawyer, not the journalist.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

He feints with his Mike then hits you with his Stalin's Organ. :mad: :mad:

Eeeeeew! </font>

:mad: That calls for a setup. :mad:

Only if you think you're up to it youngster!

well??

Do ya??

Ask yourself this - are ya feeling lucky, punk!?

Originally posted by Mike:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

:mad: That calls for a setup. :mad:

Only if you think you're up to it youngster!

well??

Do ya??

Ask yourself this - are ya feeling lucky, punk!? </font>

Good morning, maggots!! :D:D

MasterGoodale, who you may recall posted yesterday that we would finish our PBEM last night, graciously provided me with 1 (one) turn yesterday. At this blinding rate (for him), we will finish in a few more days. :rolleyes:

Teddy, mike_the_merciless, and MasterGoodale are all on the verge of completing the 20 turn BDLRM. It's difficult to predict who will compile the highest score, as all three have bludgeoned my Germans like so many baby seals. I do think mike is enjoying it more than the others. :(

I posted in another thread somewhere that I was a bit apprehensive about CMAK. After getting a much better feel for the Eastern Front from CMBB, the whole Mediterranean Theater seems almost trivial. After fielding KVs and T-34s as the Soviets, do I really want to piddle around with contemporary clunkers like Matildas and Grants? Especially knowing that the big battles fought in North Africa, Sicily, and Italy would have been so many skirmishes in the East.

I'm sure I'll get CMAK, because the graphics are outstanding and I'm positive the gameplay will be at least as good as CMBB. The quality of the briefings remains to be seen, however, since I suspect one of the editors will have deleted all references to anything but Canadian troops for the Allies. :D

Originally posted by Dave H:

The quality of the briefings remains to be seen, however, since I suspect one of the editors will have deleted all references to anything but Canadian troops for the Allies. :D

I did, however, add in the Indiana 5th Infantry Division -- the "Yodelling Hoosiers" -- and, of course, the 103rd "Bloomington Butterflies."

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

The quality of the briefings remains to be seen, however, since I suspect one of the editors will have deleted all references to anything but Canadian troops for the Allies. :D

I did, however, add in the Indiana 5th Infantry Division -- the "Yodelling Hoosiers" -- and, of course, the 103rd "Bloomington Butterflies."</font>

DaveH - believe me buckarro I'm enjoying every limb that flies over from your side of the battlefield and thumps down in front of me. :mad:

Becket - I'm gonna enjoy dealing out that sig like a maggot enjoys eating sh*t-slathered chicken. :mad: I'm teaching you quite a lesson aren't I maggot pod? I believe the first lesson in this chapter is titled "Don't F*ck with a Jewel-Crowned Diamond-Studded GrandMaster TNT CHucker" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

[QB] DaveH - believe me buckarro I'm enjoying every limb that flies over from your side of the battlefield and thumps down in front of me. :mad:

I know the feeling. I'm enjoying watching your machine gun carriers pop smoke and back closer and closer to the map edge. Will they still be on the map as the VL turns German? Wait and see. Maggot. :mad: :mad: :D:D

I'm teaching you quite a lesson aren't I maggot pod? I believe the first lesson in this chapter is titled "Don't F*ck with a Jewel-Crowned Diamond-Studded GrandMaster TNT CHucker" :mad: :mad: :mad:

You twit, how are lessons dealt in orders phases? Anyway, you're still losing, you still suck, and you're still the worst conversationalist I've ever had the misfortune to trade e-mails with.

You got a BIIIIG SURPRIIIIISE coming to you! :mad:

You're going to start returning turns like everyone else in the thread and learn good sportsmanship? tongue.gif

Right now, I'm tempted to end the game, and take whatever sig you have cooked up and put it in my profile. :mad:

I must say, I'm quite surprised that you are such a "sensitive" sore loser. Maggot. :mad:

It's funny, I just lost matches to Abbott, Boggs, and Axe, and thoroughly enjoyed the game and congratulated my opponents. I really don't care if I win my games, the play's the thing. :D

That being said, I'm completely drained of any desire to continue playing. Just send me the sig, I'll put it in my profile, and you can tell everyone you beat me. Deal?

But I DID beat you. :mad: I beat you both tactically and psychologically! :mad: The only possible reason you could be doing this is that you foresee the defeat and can't live through the misery that awaits you on that long, windy road. Perhaps the latest turn was so slathered with angry TNT it "turned the tide"? :mad: HHHHRRRRRMMMMM??? I want that turn maggot!!!!!! :mad:

If you give me that turn it's a deal. :mad:

But I DID beat you. :mad: I beat you both tactically and psychologically! :mad: The only possible reason you could be doing this is that you foresee the defeat and can't live through the misery that awaits you on that long, windy road. Perhaps the latest turn was so slathered with angry TNT it "turned the tide"? :mad: HHHHRRRRRMMMMM??? I want that turn maggot!!!!!! :mad:

If you give me that turn it's a deal. :mad:

I haven't received any files from you since the orders phase yesterday.

[ October 09, 2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Becket ]