Throw some TNT on the fire before it Waffles and mind the Cheery renovations

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Hmmmmm. I wonder if mike_the_weiner:

A)Drowned in one of his vats.

B)Had his face horribly disfigured in some sort of grape crushing incident.

C)Ran away with the wife of an illegal immigrant when his back was turned as he was out harvesting grapes.

D)Is lying in a gutter somewhere.

E)All of the above.

I believe it to be much more serious than this. I am afraid the good wino is turning into a Grog.

I'm sure, at first, it was just a simple desire to experiment with Grogginess. He certainly was well qualified. The ancient British Naval tradition of serving Grog to the crew was, I am sure, his motivation.

Sadly, he has begun taking on the telltale signs of grogdom. In our current game he has admitted to using covered arcs for his machine guns and has used the term kill zones on more than one occaision.

Last night's turn was accompanied by a message that sent chills down my back. In it he tried to explain that his heavy use of artillery in our battle was an attempt to disrupt my troops who were assembling for an assault. He voiced his hope that the artillery fire might prove useful!!!

Not a mention of splodey things or clankety thingies, or even TNT Chuckin.

No taunt or insulting verbiage, just a rather forlorn, almost apologetic tone.

To mike_the_confused I say:

Come back before it's too late. Do not end up like Andreas or Emrys. Get a gallon of MD 2020 and relive your past glories.

I just hope it's not too late.

Silly Boggs, wino has always been groggy, like an over the hill boxer who has taken one to many punches to the noggin.

Oh, you meant grog in the knowledgeable, strategic sense. Oh my. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh, Boggs, you had me going for a minute.

:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

Becket, did you receive my e-mail last night? I don't know where the scenario you mentioned can be found. Did you just make up a title?

Sent a response, but it may not have made it to you. Or maybe it went to Goodale instead, which would be unfortunate since I mocked him mercilessly in it.

In any event, the scen I was talking about was sent to me by Abbott for play testing...maybe he would send it to you so that we could run an additional play test? And maybe, my tanks will survive for a millisecond longer in that game. :D

Originally posted by Becket:

Sent a response, but it may not have made it to you. Or maybe it went to Goodale instead, which would be unfortunate since I mocked him mercilessly in it.

Please explain why this would be an unfortunate thing?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Please explain why this would be an unfortunate thing?

:confused: :confused: :confused: </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

In any event, the scen I was talking about was sent to me by Abbott for play testing...maybe he would send it to you so that we could run an additional play test? And maybe, my tanks will survive for a millisecond longer in that game. :D

Abbott, any chance you could send me the scenario "Attack at Tasomething"? so my uber-Germans can run roughshod over Becket's pathetic Soviets? Or possibly so my crushed Germans can cower from Becket's mighty Soviets. Either way, can you send me the set-up? :D:D

Well well well. . .today's latest movie from Becky has revealed the true reasons behind his "psuedo-surrender" :mad: I have a very strong suspicion it has something to do with crispy lips and bloody, limbless bodies trying to smoke their last ciggarrette. :mad: Would you care to tell The Brood the REAL reason you quit Becky?? HHHHRRRRRRMMMMMM???? :mad: :mad:

BWAAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AH AH!!!!!! :mad:

And where's that sig maggot!!?? :mad: Don't tell me now you're going to go back on your word as well. . . :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Well well well. . .today's latest movie from Becky has revealed the true reasons behind his "psuedo-surrender" :mad: I have a very strong suspicion it has something to do with crispy lips and bloody, limbless bodies trying to smoke their last ciggarrette. :mad: Would you care to tell The Brood the REAL reason you quit Becky?? HHHHRRRRRRMMMMMM???? :mad: :mad:

BWAAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AH AH!!!!!! :mad:

And where's that sig maggot!!?? :mad: Don't tell me now you're going to go back on your word as well. . . :mad:

I haven't seen the movie. But never fear, I have complied with my word given at the start of the match and again this week: your requested sig has been placed in my profile.

Of course, I've now clicked "show signature" to the off position, and don't intend to turn it back on for at least 90 days.

Let this be a lesson to you that you need to learn to negotiate more carefully. :D

[ October 10, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Becket ]

I sent an e-mail to Admiral Keth yesterday concerning the Depot ratings of "Road to Moscow" by burt and derek. I thought the other ratings after theirs were just as obviously bogus.

___

Actually, I thought the "Eric Young" rating was legit, but I wondered how he had found time to play the scenario if he's working on his own game.

___

Then Axe mentioned the link to matrix games was a phony, so I suppose that one is fake, too. Anyway, I believe Abbott's scenario doesn't need that kind of boost. It can stand on its own merit, as long as the obvious attacks on Abbott himself are rooted out.

I e-mailed Keith at The Depot as well and the ratings have been corrected. I also wondered how Eric had found the time to play CMBB, he did not. I am glad you guys enjoyed Road to Moscow so much and I appreciate your help, thank you.

Dave The scenario 'Action at Taslokov" is on its way to you. Play testing has just begun and it is in rough form and without briefings. The briefing will advise the Russian player to use caution using the roads.

[ October 10, 2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

The briefing will advise the Russian player to use caution using the roads.

Now you tell me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Okay, soapbox back into storage.

I thought you seemed taller today.

The only lesson here, Becky, is that you are a sissy, a sore loser, and not a man of your word. That, in itself, is enough of a lesson for me.

You lose. :mad:

At least I won't go unappreciated in my own time. :rolleyes:

The only lesson here, Becky, is that you are a sissy, a sore loser, and not a man of your word. That, in itself, is enough of a lesson for me.

You lose. :mad:

Sheesh!!

He'a a lawyer for pete's sake! What did you expect. His firm's name is:

Loopholes R Us

Duh!!!

Dave The scenario 'Action at Taslokov" is on its way to you. Play testing has just begun and it is in rough form and without briefings. The briefing will advise the Russian player to use caution using the roads.

Dave my e-mail to your address in your profile bounced. Re-send on the way.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Now, now Becket — you know it's not fair to outwit an unarmed opponent.

But...but....it was just too irresistable! Ah well, if the Brood thinks I'm being unfair, I'm happy to reclick ye olde "Show Signature" box.

My, my, you have been a busy bunch of ladies haven't you. I forget what a collection of nitwits and twits that you are until I start reading your drivel. Like the following, questioning where I might be. A veritable Where's Wino for all you plucky lads and lasses.

A)Drowned in one of his vats.
PAH!!! You underestimate both the capacity of my liver and my physical fitness. I will now pee in every 3rd bottle and then send you a case. How do you like those odds Axe2121?

B)Had his face horribly disfigured in some sort of grape crushing incident.
Nope, still as dashingly handsome as the day harvest started. Unfortunately, it looks like the industry lost a winemaker. A tragic accident.

C)Ran away with the wife of an illegal immigrant when his back was turned as he was out harvesting grapes.
Feh. Obviously you know nothing, I should just stop with this, about Russian women.

D)Is lying in a gutter somewhere.
With the stars as my blanket, the curb for a pillow and half a gallon of high-proof coursing through my veins I will shrug off the world and slip gently into....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Becket, I am in awe! I never thought of changing my sig and then turning the sig line off when I had my little squabble with mike_the_wino and his alter ego, Mike the wino2. Leave it to a Washington DC attorney to find another loophole.

Sir, I salute you! :D:D:D

And MasterGoodale, I'm glad to see you can appreciate a master at work. Becket may be taking away everything you think you have won, but he's doing it with style. :D:D