Throw some TNT on the fire before it Waffles and mind the Cheery renovations

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

:rolleyes:

This is the one I'm going to BFC with. Especially if you kill my Tiger, which I keep in my basement along with a cayman.

smile.gif </font>

Thanks to my good friend Axe for a great battle in Abbott's "Road to Moscow". He never let up, even when the battle went against him. He never stopped sending turns, either, unlike mastergoodale certain mastergoodale maggots mastergoodale I could mention. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oops, was that a personal attack? Close the General Forum, or make them act like adults like we do in the Cheery Waffle threads. It's plainly the fault of the guys from Minnesota!! Maybe someone should ask Frunze's opinion about personal attacks on the General Forum. :rolleyes:tongue.gif:D

Good idea, Daverino. Thanks to Abbott for a great match on the same map, on which he won a minor victory.

This game was marked by my flanking infantry arriving in town ahead of my armor, which resulted in the absolute slaughter of said infantry by tanks. When the calvary arrived, all the tanks got kilt and we took the town center, but had nothing left for a secure drive on the other two flags.

Great game, great map.

The other great thing about games with you jokers is the email exchanges. Good natured taunting to discussions about Stalingrad or the Civil War, to making fun of The Maggot That Remains Nameless. Hell, even mike_the_nugget holds a good natured conversation during the game. ;)

[ October 06, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Hmm, time for a modification to Goodales sig....

smope-v-goodale.jpg

Nary a soldier got within chucking range before he surrendered :mad: :mad: :mad: .

In fact, he was so bad off, I actually left my trenches to bring the chucking to him.

NOW! Who else wants some beatings, hand delieverd by my self?

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Hmm, time for a modification to Goodales sig....

Nary a soldier got within chucking range before he surrendered :mad: :mad: :mad: .

In fact, he was so bad off, I actually left my trenches to bring the chucking to him.

Now that's embarrassing. I wonder if he'll show his ugly arse in here ever again.

If only we were so lucky. :mad:

Well the Sox won but also took 8.214 years off my life in the process. :mad:

They were leading 4-3 going into the bottom of the ninth and Williamson walked the first two batters he faced. Oh my aneurism. :mad:

Derek Lowe came in and Hernandez sacrificed the two over with a bunt. One out, tieing run at third, series winning run at second. :mad:

Lowe stikes out the pinch hitter Melhuse looking. smile.gif

Lowe then walks Singleton. My blood pressure is through the roof. :mad:

Lowe then strikes out Long looking to end the game. smile.gif

Bring on the Yankees. :cool:

I need a drink or five. :mad:

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

At least your chaps managed some exercise then!

I suspect the only person you'll be beating by hand is yourself you scurrilous poodle - but if you want a bit of TNT chucking then send something my way - I'm sure to be able to do a little better than the late, and never particularly great, Mistress Pourer-of-Piss

Becket and I finished up our match in "Road to Moscow". The battle was a very close run and extremely entertaining. I had the advantage as I have played that map so many times I know most of its nuances. Becket came in with a very strong flanking maneuver that caught me off-guard and had me shifting my meager resources.

A very enjoyable contest that came right down to the final turns, which saw German Panzer’s freely roaming the map with all my tanks destroyed. Becket was a gentleman throughout the contest returning turns regularly; sometimes we managed three or four files per day. Great fun with a fine opponent!

[ October 07, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

You sticky pile of gonorhea scabs!! :mad: I may have lost to Smope that gamey maggot but don't be getting your slimy little sh*t-speckled ears all perky thinking you're gonna beat me cause it aint happening!! :mad:

Looks like I got myself some TNT-Chucking to do tonight to put you all in your places! :mad:

Smope you slope-headed flint-chipping root-digging neanderthal I will have my revenge. And I will choose the scenario next time. And you'll like it. Email me your desired sig if it fits I'll wear it :mad: I got rid of Keke's abomination since it's old and worn out it's welcome. :mad:

I can't wait to own Becket's and Dave's sigs. I have a real winner for each of them. :mad:

AAAAAAAAAAAH AH AH AH H H AHH H AHHHH AAAAAAAHA HAHAH HAAHHA HAAAA!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Hey Keke, hasn't the statute of limitations run out on some of your victories? I think anything over ninety days old should come off your sig line, so you have room for your more recent wins.

MasterGoodale, will you ever send another turn? You were the first to start the BDLRM, and there is only one player who hasn't passed you. I promise to talk nicely about you if you'll please send me a turn. :D:D

Axe, congratulations on the Red Sox win. Now everybody around New England will just crash that much harder when the inevitable happens. redface.gif

Of course, the really big sports news last night was the Colts putting up 21 points on Tampa Bay inside the last 4 minutes of the game to force overtime. <big>COLTS WIN!!!</big> Unfortunately, I had gone to bed long before that happened, when the Colts were behind 21-nil. :D:D

Bring on the Chiefs!

Teddy, did you get my e-mail asking you to resend the most recent turn? For some reason the game wouldn't load that file.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Teddy, did you get my e-mail asking you to resend the most recent turn? For some reason the game wouldn't load that file.

Dave,

I intend to return to the chateau tonight and will remedy the situation as soon as I've wined, dined and chased some young crumpet around the bedroom.

I'm eager to see if I can secure anything better than a tactical (although I doubt it - you've turned things around nicely in the last couple of minutes).

I did wonder if the file was OK - the info panel of PBEM Helper was giving me a very strange read out. I sometimes think all this technology is a Very Bad Thing.

Chin chin,

Teddy

Edited for extra: :mad:

[ October 07, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]