More MODs Released! Luftwaffe Infantry Uniforms

Thanks Andrew. They're great ( as usual ). I just used them to liquidate a pesky band of partisans in a QB - Spring 1942, Staraya Russa. I got the idea from Luftwaffe Field Divisions 1941-45 by Kevin Conley Ruffner & Ron Volstad. Pretty good book & cheap as well ( Osprey Men-At-Arms # 229 ) if anyone's interested

[ January 16, 2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Man, this is on page 2 already?

FYI, until I get a new computer :rolleyes: Juju is my official mod photographer. :D

Now that these are done, I guess I only have to the Volkssturm left to do. Not that the originals need replacing, mind you, but I figure now that I'm in this far I might as well MOD all of the German uniforms. Any ideas on the Volkssturm? Right now it seems that the BN/CO HQ wears a Nazi party uniform, the platoon/section HQ a police uniform, and the soldiers a sort of generic Volkssturm uniform. If anyone has a brilliant and historically accurate variation on this that they'd like to see let me know and I'll consider it. As of right now I was considering maybe a RAD or Luftschütz uniform version.

BTW, winter versions of the LW infantry uniforms should be available shortly.

Figures... Go out for a day and There's another one. And already on page two! Tsk. Guess people are too busy downloading to post. ;) Great job, Andrew!

Oh, and if some are you are wondering why the pics above are so damn colorful; it's because I have digital vibrance enabled on my card.

Excellent work as always!

Maybe for some variety in your Great mods, could you please consider, placing hand granades the other way around under the belt or even some other stuff/ weapon??

Eagerly waiting for some Polish uniforms with "People`s Army" correct eagles (different shape/ no crown!) and no helmets, just field-caps in summer, as they are usually being shown without ones in the movies.

"Now that these are done, I guess I only have to the Volkssturm left to do. Not that the originals need replacing, mind you, but I figure now that I'm in this far I might as well MOD all of the German uniforms. Any ideas on the Volkssturm? "

AndrewTF,

You Sir are an unsung hero. I'm truly beginning to worship the ground you mod on. Everything you release is outstanding and this latest Luftwaffe mod soars to the top with the rest of the mods you've created.

I thank you so much for massively enriching my CM experience (something which I didn't think was possible before) and I mean that from the bottom of my heart..no kidding!!

Kindest

MG

Originally posted by MG-42:

AndrewTF,

You Sir are an unsung hero. I'm truly beginning to worship the ground you mod on. Everything you release is outstanding and this latest Luftwaffe mod soars to the top with the rest of the mods you've created.

I thank you so much for massively enriching my CM experience (something which I didn't think was possible before) and I mean that from the bottom of my heart..no kidding!!

Kindest

MG

So, does that mean you like them? :D

In reference to the previous post: I don't know when and if I'll be doing regular Soviet/Allied uniforms. Field caps for platoons are not possible as the 3D model is hard-coded into the game, so helmets it is. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Any thoughts on the Volkssturm?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The Osprey book that has been cited shows Feld Divisionen troops also wearing non camo - either the 4 pocket feldbluse, or the flyfronted fliegerbluse. Any chance of LW mods without the camo smock? I'd like to see the plain blue uniform.

Funny you should mention that... ;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The Osprey book that has been cited shows Feld Divisionen troops also wearing non camo - either the 4 pocket feldbluse, or the flyfronted fliegerbluse. Any chance of LW mods without the camo smock? I'd like to see the plain blue uniform.

You mean like this:

blue_guys.jpg

:D