Three Olde Ones in a Boat, and a Peng Challenge from a Dog named King

Well, Shaw, you said it yourself, you and all your fundamentalist, poolist buddies. The pool is not a logical construct, no sir, it is a relationship between human beings, and as such, it is subject to the fickle whimsy of the most human of those beings, the inestimable moi.

Pray tell, what do you think the next step will be for the 'Pool, backward? No sir, it will grow ever more decadent, ever more experimental, ever more foppish and dandified, until you cannot tell where the Cess stops and the poesy begins.

Oh my poor sheepherd, you are adrift on the most uncaring ocean of the world.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Well, Shaw, you said it yourself, you and all your fundamentalist, poolist buddies. The pool is not a logical construct, no sir, it is a relationship between human beings, and as such, it is subject to the fickle whimsy of the most human of those beings, the inestimable moi.

Pray tell, what do you think the next step will be for the 'Pool, backward? No sir, it will grow ever more decadent, ever more experimental, ever more foppish and dandified, until you cannot tell where the Cess stops and the poesy begins.

Oh my poor sheepherd, you are adrift on the most uncaring ocean of the world.

...{holding stomach from prolonged laughter} ... Bauhaus ... stop it ... you're killing me man!

The Outlaw Justicar Strikes Again!

Justicar, Justi ... {snort}

Justica ... {HAHHHHAAHAHAHAHA}

Sorry man, maybe next time

Joe

[ February 06, 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

Works fine..

konrad

Well let's see how it works in a quick battle!

Nothing over 1000 points, you set 'em up and i'll knock em down. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...{holding stomach from prolonged laughter} ... Bauhaus ... stop it ... you're killing me man!

The Outlaw Justicar Strikes Again!

Justicar, Justi ... {snort}

Justica ... {HAHHHHAAHAHAHAHA}

Sorry man, maybe next time

Joe

deleted ,b'cause I find it tastless,and if given wrong interpretation,offensive

my apology

konrad

[ February 06, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: lenakonrad ]

So,its that all You've got to say ,Joe

There is no need for strong fist then

Evrythink you need to do Elijah

Its working out you little finger

konrad

;

?

:

!

!?

!!

!?

!?!

!!!!!!!

... </font>

konrad

;

?

:

!

!?

!!

!?

!?!

!!!!!!!

... </font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Oh, and I now declare Bauhaus to be the Revolving Justicar.

Oh that's just dandy. Maybe we all can get to be Justicar. Make it a game! Justicar for a day!

What a tosser. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Oh, and I now declare Bauhaus to be the Revolving Justicar.

Oh that's just dandy. Maybe we all can get to be Justicar. Make it a game! Justicar for a day!

What a tosser. </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Proclamation:

I want to state now in this Cesspool , in front of all of you {insert insulting discription here}...that Aussie Jeff is probably the funniest bastard that I have ever come across in my sojourn through this veil.

I can only assume that you've been locked in a cellar for the last 20 years, listening over and over to a taped collection of Nixon speeches.

Nidan, you idiot, AussieJeff is not humourous. He's like...a really odd birthmark, that would be amusing, if someone wasn't actually disfigured with it. Or, perhaps, he's like the amusement one feels when the pet of someone you really hate dies under very silly circumstances.

In any case, he's not, as such, 'funny'.

You need to get out more. Meet people. Maybe go to a play, or concert, or somefink.

Guest PondScum

after he gets done trying bluegreen algae as his ... {snort} ... Revolving Justicar.

Joe, you say the nicest things. But you really should work on that breathing problem - I hear the Mormon Wives don't go for snorters.

Gamey Updates:

Seanachai finally acknowledged that he got whupped by a limey, two weeks after the fact. Something about having to go through medication and counseling and several bottles of whisky first.

chrisl appears occasionally, watches a few more of his Russian defenders fall to the might of the Italian war machine, and then buggers off again, complaining that he's got three jobs right now.

MrSpkr is already talking about a rematch and we're only on turn 17. Either his men are faking it, or they're all dead. I don't think they like heavy artillery, especially mine.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

preferred grief to death,and hell to nothingness.

Hmmm. Rimbaud? Verlaine? lenakonrad?

It's all too strange.

But I suggest that a new rallying cry for the Cesspool be 'they preferred hell to nothingness'. </font>

Originally posted by lenakonrad:

Elijah,Joe

may I apologize

I taking my words back

konrad

Hmm. You're going to have to learn to give this up. Once you've posted anything on this Forum, it's damn near impossible to get the words back, and so, not worth the effort. Oh, you can edit the remark, but by the time you've scrabbled your way back to try and edit them, there's a minimum of 3 people who've responded while quoting them.

konrad

Let this be a lesson to us all...whatever is intended, here. It's a bit hard to say. But don't post like this, unless you want people to, er, comment on it. If they can. In a way that won't get them banned, of course.

Elijah,Joe

may I apologize

I taking my words back

konrad

Hmm. You're going to have to learn to give this up. Once you've posted anything on this Forum, it's damn near impossible to get the words back, and so, not worth the effort. Oh, you can edit the remark, but by the time you've scrabbled your way back to try and edit them, there's a minimum of 3 people who've responded while quoting them.

konrad

Let this be a lesson to us all...whatever is intended, here. It's a bit hard to say. But don't post like this, unless you want people to, er, comment on it. If they can. In a way that won't get them banned, of course. </font>

Elijah,Joe

may I apologize

I taking my words back

konrad

konrad

Let this be a lesson to us all...whatever is intended, here. It's a bit hard to say. But don't post like this, unless you want people to, er, comment on it. If they can. In a way that won't get them banned, of course. </font>

Originally posted by PondScum:

Seanachai finally acknowledged that he got whupped by a limey, two weeks after the fact. Something about having to go through medication and counseling and several bottles of whisky first.

BFC made a beautiful game, and you took it, and oozed a trail of evil and vileness over it, like a degraded and mutant snail of vulgarity.

You sat there, laughing, in your prepared positions, on a map the size of postage stamp, and with no cover of any kind, and cut down my tentative efforts to recover a sense of the 'infantry advance' from the 'new realism' of Combat Mission: Beyond Barbarism.

Oh, yes. You applauded yourself, at great lengths, for your 'tactical genius'. You complimented yourself, yet again, on how you 'never hit go without at least checking to see if the scenario was still completely rigged in your favour'.

And you made a great many posts along the lines of: Wow! Once your opponent's infantry and clown tanks are locked down into a pattern of advance, without any benefit of artillery, smoke, or cover, and on a map about the size of a walk-in closet, the job of the defender becomes simply a matter of laughing at the number of casualties inflicted for the minimal tactical application of continuing to hit the Go button!

Yours is the superiour intellect, to be sure.

However, I couldn't stand to live with the price to be paid in honour, for such 'tactical accomplishments'.

And, if that's not all bitter and vicious enough for you, I shall revile you a second time.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Elijah,Joe

may I apologize

I taking my words back

konrad

konrad