Hi am a new CMer

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I finally got this game after waiting for 2 years. No joke. I played the demo games hundreds of times each. My parents thought this was a game but I tried to explain that it was a learning expirence. I got both AK and BB for my 18th birthday.

Would anyone be willing to play me in a PBEM game. Although I have played the demos I am not a great player. I have never played a PBEM game so I am not quite sure how it works.

I can't wait for CMx2.

Tim

Tim,

Welcome to the game. I think you will find that the depth that CMBB & CMAK present is truly amazing.

I would be glad to play a PBEM with you. I have been playing the game for awhile, but have very limited experience against humans. Pick a scenario and send it to me. I do not care as to which side or timeframe. Your choice. If you have any questions on setup, send me an e-mail and I can probably walk you through it. I can play several turns a week but it will come in fits as work keeps me from the computer for a few days at a time. Hope to hear from you.

Mike

weags2@earthlink.net

Woo Hoo! New blood.

With your hands on a full game after only playing the demo you won't know what do do with all the weapons to choose from now! One of the first things most-everyone does after getting CMBB is to give the King Tiger, JadgTiger and StumTiger a test. Word of advice. Anything with the word 'Tiger ' in the name should probably avoid soft ground and deep mud.

With full weather options you've simply got to try a battle in a blizzard, fight in fog, and a little destruction during a downpour. :D

Don't worry about it weags2. I am still reading the manual. Good stuff.

MikeyD,

Your right. All the new weapons are so overwhelming. I love the sounds in this game. I remember the first time I heard the MG42 fire. Amazing. I almost got to shoot one of those in real life but the gun had jammed both times. I really want to shoot that gun bad. I have shot the Thompson. It's okay. Okay enough of my rambling.

Between BF2 and CM I am not getting much schoolwork done. This is bad very bad smile.gif .

Thanks for accepting me,

Tim

Also starting my first PBEM ever with tim. I'm the Allies and have to assault a very heavily populated town in the rain. Lots of tank hunter teams, a couple of infantry companies and some armor. Its 1943, and I am guessing peeking around corners of the buildings may be bad for my comrades' health... Wish us luck!

timu24 and Kondor,

Welcome aboard! You are now officially addicted to what we lovingly refer to as E-crack, but the good news is that the economic outlay is minuscule compared to a drug habit, though you'll probably find yourself buying books, which can beat up your wallet a bit. The real manifestations of this addiction, though, occur in your time and interest accounts. People have been known to pour a lot of time and energy into these games, which is why we

kiddingly tell new arrivals to say goodbye to significant other or spouse, our way of reminding people that this is a game and that it's important

to keep this in proper perspective and balance with your real life.

(someone whispers hurriedly and urgently in his ear)

Oh! It's not? I'm sorry, but I'm now reliably informed that there is no hope for what once was your life, let alone relationships. Football widows are thrice blessed compared to those whose significant others play the CM series, and be assured, both genders are represented on these boards, as are people from all over the world, in a truly wonderful online (and sometimes in person)

community. The only way to beat us is to join us!

You don't know it yet, but you have become part of the great gaming collective. An appropriate entity will be along in due course to render the official decree.

Happy gaming! As if you needed prompting!

Regards,

John Kettler

Now into turn three as the Allies, and already have had one scout car knocked out. Took some fire from a tank, and lost one man from a platoon. I knew I couldn't hit the firing unit, and need to hold my smoke for a more advantageous time than turn 3 of 35+, so spent a turn attacking a light building in the LOS with my tank and turned it into rubble. Smoking nicely now, thank you. Let's see if that helps...

Turn 9 now of my assault against a town held by crack German troops. I've seen a couple of halftracks. One with a 75mmL24 :( and the other isn't showing much yet. My opponent just punctured another BA24 with a PaK. It got bogged in clear terrain as it was trying to dash from cover to cover; and that was that.

I'm trying not to "recon by death" but that is what's happening :( Those German gunners don't seem to miss much.

On the plus side, I'm getting more smoke on the field, unfortunately it's from my burning scouts...

edit: Transmission from BA64 scout to company headquarters: "Enemy sighted! Dosvidania, Rodina!"

[ March 03, 2006, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Kondor ]

Not much new - we're at turn 12 (IIRC) and have had only one casuality from a machinegun near a church. I've counted four chuches and a few more two story buildings. I did get one shot of against a German SP assault gun that was next to a building, but their crew didn't get to be crack troops by being stupid - their driver had it in reverse within seconds of the first (and only) round and backed it out of sight. My opponent observed that my tanks were "moving slow". I told him so were the two BA24s that are now contributing to the global warming theory :(

Completed turn 11 (confirmed), and things are beginning to heat up. I lost an M3 scout car to a second PaK - which hurt because they were transporting a machine gun at the time :( . The gun was on the south edge of the battlefield. On the plus side, the first PaK that killed the two BA24 scouts came under fire from three of my squad's LMGs from about 300 meters away. I viewed the action from the gun's point of view and watched them target one of the squads when the German voice came through the headset. All I could understand was "panzer" and "fire". A T34 came into range and fired one shell just as the PaK tried to engage it. The T34 backed out of sight but the shot killed the gun. Very lucky that a green crew killed an AT gun with one shot, but I'll take it smile.gif .

Here's what I know (from direct observation) is on the field: 1 barbed wire obstacle, 1 PaK AT gun, 1 SPW 250/9 reconnaisance halftrack with a 20mm L55 gun (crack crew), 1 SPW 250/8 assault halftrack with a 75mm L27 gun (crack crew), and 1 SPW251/2 81mm mortar carrier (elite crew). There is also a squad under partial observation in front of a two story building that has pinned a few of my squads as they advance, but I'm guessing it's a machine gun on the 2nd floor. I've had the assault gun and mortar carrier under observation since about turn 3, but my platoon commander isn't green enough to start firing on them with rifles. And while my artillery spotter can't target them directly, he can target to a point about 10 meters away from the mortar carrier. smile.gif

Although I'm giving away my intel, in about 19 seconds of gametime, my opponent will figure it out anyway. Should be fun to watch.

I love this game :D

[ March 05, 2006, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Kondor ]

Turn 13 played. The barrage is falling, my spotter has a good sight line to the target. The mortar carrier did move away from the building, and proceeded to lay smoke onto the PaK on the south edge of the battlefield (the one responsible for blowing the crap out of my American imported M3) that was taking MG fire. My other M3 was also killed on turn 12 with what seemed to be either HMG or MMG fire. I could not get a fix on where the fire was coming from. Shame to lose it, but it did its job for me. The crew was able to bail successfully and now are desparately trying to remember how to load their pistols :D

On the north side of the map, the reconnaisance HT is under fire from a T34, who is currently reloading. Just give me one more shot at it...

A second T34 has targeted a building along the road. My lead squad has exchanged fire with something in there, so it's time to do a little renovation.

Infantry seems okay for now - a couple of squads have panicked, but they're within range of a commander so they may be okay. More to come...

Just wait, I haven't even laid on the heavy fire yet. I like it to be close and personal. Those T-34's scare me alittle (maybe it's just the way you use them. Destroying building=scary). Hope I can take them out. Oh and you have caused two causlities.

Tim