Mad scientist?!!!

I would like to know if there's a way to convert a picture from .art or bitmap to .jpg form. I'm trying to convert some mods on my own for CMMOS ( my personal use - I don't plan on distributing them without asking the mod authors okay - I have to see if this works first!!! ). Where I get stuck is saving the preview pics. When I save them to My Pictures I only have 2 choices - .art or bitmap. Can I convert them to the necessary form ( .jpg ) & if so; how? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this. It would be nice not to have to rely on others to CMMOS stuff ( I appreciate what you do - I just want to able to do it myself ).

Thanks. smile.gif

[ January 13, 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

CCMOS is a nifty tool for CM, that you can use to swap bmp files. Thus instead of renaming that original Tiger bmp file yourself, and pasting a mod file in place you just click on the mod picture in CCMOS and the program does this for you.

Added bonus is that you can preview all the options, it changes bunches of bmp's at one click, etc. etc.

A CCMOS mod is a mod that is compatible with this tool (something to do with naming conventions and rulesets).

Try it out at Combat Mission HQ

Bertram

[ January 13, 2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Bertram ]

The ImageMagick suite has a pretty capable image conversion program, and it's command-line which might help if you want to convert a whole bunch.

If you're using strictly GUI, check if your image software has a batch-conversion option. Paint Shop Pro does, but you don't want to buy it just for converting images. Irfanview might as well, but I don't recall.

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Is there a freeware version of what I would need. I know it sounds cheap but I don't want to pay for something that I may only use for "CMMOS-ing" mods ( meaning occasionally - major waste of cash ). Thanks again.

Paint will do it ("Save As ...", and change the file type). Alternately you could download the free demo of Graphic Workshop.