Would You Pay for Additional Features?

In the meanwhile there are so many great ideas for the next engine, that CM will become even better for a ridiculous low price, compared to other games.

But there are also excellent ideas for different-game types (i.e. Biltongs Campaign Rules, The Forever War Rules) that i can't imagine, BFC can iomplement this into the main game, within a reasonable time horizon.

I understand that the price of the game can't be rised, due to the rules of market, but wouldn't it be a good idea for BFC, to sell seperate PlugIns that fully integrate into the game?

You want long lasting single-player campaigns?

A PlugIn similar to BCR gives you what you want.

You want to create scenarios with additional scripting-support to make the TacAI really rock?

A PlugIn gives you the opportunity to support the TacAI in the design process.

Whoever wants to play such scenarios with enhanced TacAI needs to buy this PlugIn, too.

You want to be part of a huge multiplayer-campaign?

Get the PlugIn for that.

Would you buy such (and others) PlugIns?

I would definately pay ~20.- Euro for each PlugIn (and i would buy them all ;) ).

If we were talking about the Sony Playstation people (for example), someone in L.A. would call someone in Bangalore to assign a crew come up with ideas. And let's not forget those marketing people!

At BFC there's just a few guys in a remote cabin up in Maine huddled around a wood stove for warmth. They can't afford to split their focus among multiple side projects. :D;)

Originally posted by Steiner14:

You want long lasting single-player campaigns?

A PlugIn similar to BCR gives you what you want.

You want to wait for, then pay for, something you can already get for free? Hold on, I'll send you a link to my eBay listing for bags of air. ;)

[Note to the humorless: I am not equating the packaging of air to the work done by Biltong and Co.]

No; we ( gamers ) have to pay for enough stuff already. Software & hardware upgrades just to play some stupid game that no matter what you do won't work properly anyway as it's a resource hog - it's all just a way to gouge us further. I'm not talking about CMBB/BO or BFC by the way.