• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

Picture doesn't show.

Odd...it shows for me.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Looks good, hopefully it's finished by June...

I doubt. tongue.gif In fact, I'm doing a 5x3km map of the area for a tactical level game that have more decent modelling of fortifications...and there's the other never ending game project... ;)

• 1 month later...

Due to technical excuses from Andreas' side, we have made a ceasefire on turn 25 or something out of 40 or something. Now, of course this came as an unpleasant surprise to me, as I was JUST about to execute my masterly plan to repulse the invaders from my trenches.

siira1.jpg

Yes, he got through from one spot, but at least three flags remained in my hands... it was only fair that I let him have some.

But let this picture stand as a testament of Andreas' tactical skill, as it comes to handling tanks.

siira2.jpg

The biggest killer for both sides was artillery. siira3.jpg Andreas also had a 132mm RL FO take out 51 Finnish patriots.

And finally, the end score.

siira4.jpg

Okay, so it says that I lost by 144 points, but I blame the weather, the fortification bug, the scenario designer, BFC, Germany and poor tactics. And we may have made a ceasefire in one battle, but the war still continues... :mad:

[ April 09, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

There are lies, there are stinking lies, and then there is Finnish propaganda.

Let noone be fooled by the tripe served up by that reactionary, chauvinist-bourgeois traitor to the Rodina (aren't all Finns?) Sergei. Here is what the Motormouthpiece of Truth™, aka Pravda, had to say about this heroic battle in which outnumbered Soviets had to assault the most strongly fortified elements of the Finnish occupation line, in an effort to prove once and for all who has the balls in the Isthmus area.

Stalinovsk (the name for Siranmääki once we are finished with the Finns, if you excuse the pun), undisclosed date, with the heroic defenders of the Rodina. By special correspondent Igor Fluffyevot.

In another display of unmitigated courage, proceeded by operational planning showing an in-depth understanding of the science of war, our heroic troops have today achieved a lodgement in the heavily fortified trench systems of the white-russian traitor scum pretending to be a nation now, henceforth called 'Finns', under their crypto-nazist counter-revolutionary Trotskyist swine officers.

Presented with the superior force of arms that our heroic workers have supplied their brethren fighting on the front with, the counter-revolutionary scum ran from the battlefield, not bothering to even take their weapons. Breeches around the ankles, they did not even get to leave their bourgeois turds on the soil of the Rodina, so swift was the revenge exacted by our heroes of the guards. Cowardly use of weapons procured by selling out the Rodina to the Nazi beasts led to the slight damaging of one or two of our vehicles, and a Maxim MMG is reported dented by a bullet that grazed it. Otherwise, the day was ours, and until the night we had to count the Finnish dead.

Numerous Finnish workers, throwing off the yoke of their bourgeois aristocrat trotskyist counter-revolutionary officers, who tried to lead them to certain defeat against their ideological brothers, came over to our side, realising the error of their ways. Magnanimously, our officers supplied them with warm food, and weapons, to help them in their desire to take up arms against the oppressors of freedom, liberty, and communism. Many of these poor, subjugated Finns, have had their first decent meal in ages, and benefitted from being read the latest news from the war by our political workers - Finland being a country where the working class is held in abject ignorance and analphabetism.

Now that! is the Truth™!

Ah - yes. Could you please appoinmt me as Minister of Alteration, too? I'll refrain from being appointed for life, my other job will take care of that.

Glad you didn't read what I wrote first. Those things about your heroic defence of certain trenches. Forgetting FOs. Inflicting only 4% of my total casualties. And none in front of those trenches I just took without any causalties in turn 33 of 120 despite my pixelhamsters having to cross 600m of open ground (plus additional 1000m of sparsely covered ground). Not to mention at your trrops are dead, captured or running there...

But now I'll rewrite history:

2 MGs, a Plt HQ, a FO and a crew - all conscripts - managed to hold 3 trenches against a full-blown assault of the bigger part of a veteran btn for 32 turns. What makes this even more stunning is the FO never ordered a single strike (can I assume there is another one that fired earlier as those shell holes in the middle of nowhere clearly indicate?).

Gruß

Joachim

[ April 15, 2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Joachim ]