Operation Störfang (v2) In Development

Version 2 In Development

After a few mission releases for Operation Störfang we began to develop a 2nd version. However successful, was the 1st release not according to our needs and it did not represent the true scale of Sevastopol.

The 2nd release will show a most realistic virtual battle where even a block of houses or a small street will be there as it was in 1942.

With the new campaign system (Interface) you can plan the Operation like you are General von Manstein him self.

With the interface of Operation Störfang you can change the textures in the CM to show the Sevastopol surroundings. The standard CMBB textures do not give you that look and feel of the Crimea.

Crimean_Rocks3.jpg

Click on the pic for more previews...

We are doing our best we can to release the 2nd version as soon as possible. If you want to get an impression of how Operation Störfang works you can check out our 1st release on our website : www.eichenbaum.org. But you'll only be able to play 3 missions (A1, A2, and B1).

Nils

(webmaster eichenbaum.org)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jacobs_ladder:

Looks fantastic. I hear you're developing secret technology that will change the very fabric of CMBB and, in effect, alter the playing experience so radically that the end result will be not unlike a transformation into another game. Is this true or are my "sources" leading me astray again? :D

Take Care

Mmm , I might have an idea who your sources are.

---

CMBB will not be altered in a way that it plays like a different game. Even if it was possible to change this game I wouldn't burn my fingers on it. Combat Mission is a very good game and changes aren't necessary for a better gameplay or playing experience. At eichenbaum's we are developing an add-on. That's very different from changing the game it self.

This add-on is campaign system. Combat Mission does not has a campaign system build in like many other strategic games. On the other hand does CM show you an excellent tactical battle simulation. We're building a system where you can make decisions on a strategic level and then play them out on a tactical level. There are lot's of campaigns available for CM but you'll end up with a bunch of battle's and operations with no program to guide you from the beginning to the end. Because it's all open, you can just play a few turns of every scenario and then move on to something else. Without a goal, the knowledge of the reward in the end, many players don't find the real challenge in a few scenario's on a row.

Once you'll start Operation Storfang you might get the impression you have started up an whole different game. But after you have used a 3d environment to make your strategic decisions you'll be guided back to CM. Some graphic mods will show you the environment of that particular place in the world. All of this will go automatically and full of eye-candy. Once you have closed Operation Storfang you'll have the same old CMBB (with your own mods).

And yes, some of the technologies I use I want to keep a secret for a while.

If I would tell you everything there's no surprise effect once you use this add-on.

Groeten uit Holland ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Some asked me if they can proceed with the campaign after missions A1, B1 and A2... Moving on to B2 or C1...

The 2nd version of Operation Storfang will start with a new version of the campaign. The 'old' scenario's are not compatible with the new version. Everything will be new and different. The 'old' interface will be 'burried alive'.

So, you might be a bit dissapointed to leave the campaign you've started but do not worry... The new version will be all worth it.

The area of A1, B1 in A2 will not be build again in the 2nd version... so... You're victory's won't be in vain smile.gif

Nils

Originally posted by Stavka_lite:

I am really looking forward to playing v2 but I am curious, does your system lend itself to creating campaigns in other areas or is it restricted to the Crimea?

It's restricted.

A 'campaign wizard ' seems a bit too much for me to develop for now. I'll be glad if it works for just one.

Sorry.

Originally posted by benpark:

Eichenbaum-AMAZING!! That looks incredible...

Well thanks again Benpark.

This shot is only a 'peek behind the curtain'.

The final 3d map will be filled with objects (forests, towns etc) Supplied with spoken missionbriefings and visual signs to display the flow of the operation.

Nils

(I shouldn't write too much but go working on it instead ;) )

• 2 weeks later...