Originally posted by Snowbart:

CW...i think its Captain Wacky....has some good light colored terrain grid mods....i have his steppe and grass mods, so i dont know about any of his snow grids.

I have never used the grid

how big is each square?

why to some players prefer the gridded look

is it used to determine distances?

if so what are the dimenisions of each grid?

are you refering to this grass?

HIGHRES.JPG

thanks

-tom w

Yes, I think that pic is exactly the same mod as I've got. It simply draws slight lines on the terrain. This just helps you to identify slight depressions/rises in the terrain that would otherwise be harder to make out w/out the grid. Especially useful for flatter maps, where it is tougher to make out elevations.

Originally posted by General Tacticus:

It's a 20m grid

are you sure those grid lines actually represent one 20x 20 m tile?

I am not sure because in this grass mod seems to have the house at the cross hatch of a grid

should the grid line not be AROUND that house?

the .bmp file for that gras does not have grid lines around the outside it has them through the middle of it too.

:confused:

-tom w

[ May 03, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I don't have the mod, but my guess would be that the bmp has the lines going through the centre of it. Easist way to check would be to look at the edge of the map. If the grid is cut short then they do pass through the middle - and thats why the house is in the middle of them.

Cpl Carrot

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I have never used the grid

how big is each square?

why to some players prefer the gridded look

is it used to determine distances?

if so what are the dimenisions of each grid?

thanks

-tom w

Tom,

I went without for the first year and a half and then I decided to try it mainly for CMBB's *seek hull down* command. Well it worked so well for that function that I now have all the mods. As a plus, it has aided me in finding those subtle dips that my troops seen to need far to often and I eventually found myself using them a reference for distances i.e. advance, run, assault etc. My guys are less tired now before they die. :D

Give it a try, I'll bet you a game that you will end up with it as a permanent fixture.

KC