Nashorn MOD Released!

Get it now at Mod Heaven!

Two regular versions to choose from, plus winter whitewash.

To wit:

Tricolor camouflage with foliage-attachment wire and numbers and stuff

nashorn.jpg

Plain old dark yellow, no numbers, kill rings or nothin', as requested. For minimalists and modders

plain_nas.jpg

Winter

winter_nas.jpg

And of course the Hummel

hummel.jpg

Not every nut and bolt has been depicted, but overall it looks pretty cool. I've tried to strike a balance between Nashorn and Hummel, but it ended up being mostly Nashorn. Still, I had to omit some details so both vehicles looked as correct as possible. You probably won't notice anything missing. ;)

[ April 08, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Yeah man, this mod is amazing. The Nashorn/Hummel needed the royal treatment. Thanks Andrew. ;)

Got a question about the winter version. In the unzipped folder there is a file called "53374.psd" which is obviously photoshop. Tried changing it to bmp by simply changing .psd to .bmp but is doesn't work. How can i convert it to bmp? Or can you post it in bmp form? Or is this just a extra pointless .psd file that we don't need in our bmp directory?

You need 53374. My guess is Andrew forgot to convert it to a bmp file. Fortunately, I've got Photoshop and it was no problem to flatten the layers which is what is needed. I'm not sure other programs can open psd files.

Hopefully he can upload a corrected version but I can e-mail it to anyone who posts here that they want it. It only effects the winter version.

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

ooo the PSD provides as a mini tutorial for me :D

Damn you MrNoobie!!! :mad: Whatever secrets you find out, keep 'em to yourself!!! ;)

Yeah, it's the BMP for the Hummel winter gun barrel. My bad: I only tested the winter Nashorn. :rolleyes: A new version with a proper BMP file is forthcoming.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrNoobie:

ooo the PSD provides as a mini tutorial for me :D

Damn you MrNoobie!!! :mad: Whatever secrets you find out, keep 'em to yourself!!! ;)

Yeah, it's the BMP for the Hummel winter gun barrel. My bad: I only tested the winter Nashorn. :rolleyes: A new version with a proper BMP file is forthcoming. </font>

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

true....though next time you accidently leave a PSD file in there make sure its in one the uniform mods :D

Yeah, right. :D I think if I let people see one of those they'd think I was insane, since the way I put them together is so complex and time-consuming. tongue.gif

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

There aren't any big secrets, really. At least not in that file... it's pretty basic. tongue.gif

bah i just reread this! i meant a tutorial i was going to do on how i do my mods. im tired of looking for a friggin host to do a tutorial site. a simple PSD file and a word text file with pictures should do the trick and i can u/l it to the database smile.gif