Small building mod ready for download.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Beautiful! But aren't those yellow flowers a bit too cheerful for Ostfront? I mean, this could be a gas chamber in Auschwitz or something. Could you put a dead soldier there instead? tongue.gif

Is the roof with the mod?

I forgot that flowers stop growing during war time. ;)

Yes, two new roof textures are included.

@ John Calvin:

Put the files into your CMBB\BMP - Folder.

The original BMPs will be overwritten, so you'll see Tanks a lot's new beautiful buildings in every battle.

(Note: There's a nice readme coming along wit this Mod explaining just this...)

@ Ed "Tanks a lot" Kinney: Beautiful, truly beautiful! Thank you very much! smile.gif

(I think it would be good if you re-upload your nice summer peasant shacks-Mod to Mod Heaven, I still have them, but some guys might be missing them...)

Grettings, Sven

[ November 08, 2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

@ John Calvin:

Put the files into your CMBB\BMP - Folder.

The original BMPs will be overwritten, so you'll see Tanks a lot's new beautiful buildings in every battle.

(Note: There's a nice readme coming along wit this Mod explaining just this...)

@ Ed "Tanks a lot" Kinney: Beautiful, truly beautiful! Thank you very much! smile.gif

(I think it would be good if you re-upload your nice summer peasant shacks-Mod to Mod Heaven, I still have them, but some guys might be missing them...)

Grettings, Sven

Thanks Trommelfeuer. smile.gif

I guess the reason I haven't uploaded the shacks, or most of my other mods, is that I wanted to edit or completely re-design most of them. Since the winter versions of these buildings might take a while, I probably should upload those shacks anyway. Thanks again.

Originally posted by mscano:

Nice job on the buildings. I was wondering if the larger buildings were in the works? Please? smile.gif

Thanks. If you haven't already, download Juju's Berlin buildings, factory and church. They're certainly must-have mods. I think I'll leave the big buildings to him. Maybe we can convince him to do the tall light buildings. ;)

@ Ed "Tanks a lot" Kinney: I just realized that I've "only" got your Ed's summer shack-damaged - Mod, so I will only see your beautiful textures for the peasant shacks when they are damaged (BMP numbers 6000-6008 are still original ones)...did you also release Ed's summer shack-"undamaged" Mod sometime ago?

(I must have missed that one somehow...)

If so, please re-upload it to http://www.cmmods.com/

Oh please!

Regards, Sven

[ November 09, 2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

@ Ed "Tanks a lot" Kinney: I just realized that I've "only" got your Ed's summer shack-damaged - Mod, so I will only see your beautiful textures for the peasant shacks when they are damaged (BMP numbers 6000-6008 are still original ones)...did you also release Ed's summer shack-"undamaged" Mod sometime ago?

(I must have missed that one somehow...)

If so, please re-upload it to http://www.cmmods.com/

Oh please!

Regards, Sven

Yes Sven, I made damaged and undamaged versions for summer and winter shacks. I'll re-package them into two downloads this time, summer and winter. I'll get right on it. Thanks. smile.gif

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

These look like heaven in the previews.

Just one question: are "Heavy" and "Light" clearly distinguished?

If so, it might be time to say bye to the ASL buildings (the best differentiate "Heavy" and "Light" so far...)

GaJ.

I made the heavy buildings out of stone and bricks, and the light ones mostly with some kind of plaster or stucco exterior. It's not as easy to tell light from heavy compared to the ASL buildings.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Wow: 20M!

Any chance of light buildings in one mod, heavy in another?

Sorry. It took many hours and attempts to upload 20MB on my 56k modem.

I just nabbed all your beautiful shacks and small buildings. After a year or so on my computer, perhaps its time for CMBB to get a refreshing facelift.

Sergei said: "But aren't those yellow flowers a bit too cheerful for Ostfront?" That's just the effect watching too many B&W documentaries has had on you! When we run across the rare color photo we see panzers crossing vast landscapes of wildflowers, city buildings painted pink and sky blue.

You should see the bright flowers adding to the poignancy of the battle. ;)

[ November 10, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I just nabbed all your beautiful shacks and small buildings. After a year or so on my computer, perhaps its time for CMBB to get a refreshing facelift.

Sergei said: "But aren't those yellow flowers a bit too cheerful for Ostfront?" That's just the effect watching too many B&W documentaries has had on you! When we run across the rare color photo we see panzers crossing vast landscapes of wildflowers, city buildings painted pink and sky blue.

You should see the bright flowers adding to the poignancy of the battle. ;)

Thanks Mikey.

I've been hesitant to use flowers since one of my very first mods got a similar response. Michael Dorosh wrote something back then that still applies.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh : over two years ago.

The flowers are great.

I had a guy walk past my office at the hospital last year and notice my Captain Miller GI Joe doll on my filing cabinet. He volunteered to build a little house for him for Rememberance Day.

Now, I've built plenty of 1/35 scale dioramas in my younger days, and I'm picturing a nicely done house corner in plywood, covered in plaster, all done to scale...

This sweet older man, bless him, instead cobbled together some very thin particle board, painted it gloss brown, singed it with a blow torch, and as a crowning touch drilled holes in it (sewing machine straight, I shall point out) and topped it off with gloss red paint running out of the holes. (The window was seriously underscale, crooked, and had neither sill nor panes, just a hole cut in the wall).

I didn't have the heart to tell him that most European buildings did not have actual arteries and veins flowing through them - but I didn't have the heart to not display this thing either. It smelled of varnish and game me headaches on top of it all and I am sure some of the cute nurses still wonder after my sanity. But it was nice of him, so how could I refuse?

The point being that birds still sing during wartime, since they don't have any concept of war - and flowers still grow, despite whatever odd preconceptions some people might have.

Yup, flowers still grow during wartime... ;)

Click me!

Thanks again for re-uploading your great peasant shack Mod to Mod heaven !!!

Just a small "bug":

EDS_WINTER_SHACKS.ZIP and EDS_SUMMER_SHACKS.ZIP both contain exactly the same files, bmps for summer and winter shacks...

Greetings, Sven

P.S. EDS_TREES and EDS_BUNKERS are also great! smile.gif

[ November 10, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Yup, flowers still grow during wartime... ;)

Click me!

Thanks again for re-uploading your great peasant shack Mod to Mod heaven !!!

Just a small "bug":

EDS_WINTER_SHACKS.ZIP and EDS_SUMMER_SHACKS.ZIP both contain exactly the same files, bmps for summer and winter shacks...

Greetings, Sven

P.S. EDS_TREES and EDS_BUNKERS are also great! smile.gif

That sounds like a big bug. Those two zip files on my hard drive contain different files.

The summer version should have 6000.bmp - 6008.bmp and 6100 - 6108. The winter should have 6500.bmp - 6508.bmp and 6600 - 6608.

Can you let me know which one I need to re-upload?

I am unable to download this Mod from the "base--I keep receiving an "Invalid Archive" message--usually three hours into the download. :confused: I don't see anyone else siting this same problem, Tanks A lot--any idea as to why? I don't want to bother cozog as he has enough mod work on his hands. I also tried to email this to you but your spam blocker will not allow me entry. :( Hey, I am NOT SPAM. "Spam, spam spam spam spam spam ..."

Any solutions? Sure would love to use these along with those GREAT big building mods. Thanks, tanks.

Originally posted by tooz:

I am unable to download this Mod from the "base--I keep receiving an "Invalid Archive" message--usually three hours into the download. :confused: I don't see anyone else siting this same problem, Tanks A lot--any idea as to why? I don't want to bother cozog as he has enough mod work on his hands. I also tried to email this to you but your spam blocker will not allow me entry. :( Hey, I am NOT SPAM. "Spam, spam spam spam spam spam ..."

Any solutions? Sure would love to use these along with those GREAT big building mods. Thanks, tanks.

Sorry about the spam blocker tooz. I just replied to your e-mail.

Anybody else having problems downloading the small building mod?