Combat mission in israel.....why not?

Well, CDV distributes CM for retail in Europe, and I guess in North America too. In some other countries (like Japan) a local distributor has struck deal with BFC, but not in all countries. Elsewhere it has to be ordered straight from BFC - the benefit being a full printed manual, something we Europeans miss.

And if WW2 is a hot potato in Germany, something like CM where you basically are fighting for Hitler or Stalin (neither of whom might be described as a friend of Jews) could harm your company's image. But that's just a guess. More probably just an issue of profitability. Israel is not exactly the size of Japan.

[ October 09, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

I'm kinda curious, would you be allowed to buy the American version in Israel? If you can't buy something with "SS" in it in Germany, I would guess you might not be able to Israel.

Is it illegal to display the swastika in Israel? (half of me says "pretty damn sure you wouldn't be able to" while the other half of me wonders if you're allowed, but only in times of historical context. Part of the 'never forget' policy, perhaps.

sorry, i wandered off-topic. I'm just curious though.

Zimorodok

Oren, apart from other reasons, CM (and all our games for that matter) are usually ONLY released online, and NOT into stores. It has been like this ever since BFC was founded several years ago.

The fact that this has changed for some of our successful games (which have originally been released at least a year ago!) does not mean that current or future products will be released into retail. So the question why there has been no release to Israel actually has nothing to do with Israel as such - we USUALLY do NOT release games into retail, that's "normal".

There are no shipping restrictions to Israel that I am aware of, i.e. customers can order directly from us and have the game delivered by mail. Good point about censorship, though...

Martin

Hey all!

Thank you for you comments!

There are some rules here against Nazi metireals,

altough the rules in Germany are much more serious

due to this nation's history.

Anyway, German goods are fully leagle in israel

(in case you wonderd), although many holocust

survivers and they'r familys dont usually by

proudacts which were made in germany.

Oren_M

I presume you are in Israel? I'm collecting material to produce (For the upcoming CMAK) a number of 1948-1956 scenarios on the Arab Israel conflict.

My major difficulty is finding maps of battles, especially the '48 ones at the Kibbutzs. Do you have sources that give maps/diagrams of those and the Egyptian drive up from the South?

I presume there are online sources but they are in Hebrew????

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if you are interested in ordering the game from BFC, but if you are, I can tell you from personal experiance there's no problem with having it sent to Israel.

Even though I live in Sweden, I had my copy sidestep over Isreal through a friend, since BFC are not allowed to ship directly to Europe. There were no trouble getting the game both in and out of Israel.

Hello!

Today the holyday of "SUKOT" has began, so i'm sending you a happy holyday!

Hans, as it for you, i have lots of metireal about the independence war 1948-1949, but it is all in hebrew, i think that you sould give a try and look for it in the internet site of the israeli ministry of security and also the IDF

site.

http://www.idf.il/newsite/english/main.stm

you will find in this site all you need, including the ministry of security site.

Oren.

Originally posted by Hans:

I'm collecting material to produce (For the upcoming CMAK) a number of 1948-1956 scenarios on the Arab Israel conflict.

My major difficulty is finding maps of battles, especially the '48 ones at the Kibbutzs. Do you have sources that give maps/diagrams of those and the Egyptian drive up from the South?

One of the best sources for something like that is the Wsst Point Atlas of Military History series. I would be surprised if they don't have a volume on the AIW.

Originally posted by Sergei:

All your privileges will be lost at the instance you join the EU! The dark legions of CDV will invade your country and replace your CM with Sudden Strike! Children will be crying, men mutilating themselves because of the disgrace and women turn into prostitution under the influence of Lula's Wet Attack...

I hope CMAK will be out before 1/5/04. Than... who cares... tongue.gif

Oren_M

Thanks for the info. That site is banned in the UAE as is most info on your country!

Dang hard for a guy trying to make a scenario.

I will send that link to an American and see if they can mine it for data.

Oren_M care to cooperate on a series of Arab-Israeli scenarios for CMAK?

If you could provide crude data (OOB and diagram/maps) I can do the actual editor work.

Shalom

Hans