Desaix vs. Sombra PBEM

Sombra

Bad news for England...

One uk ship and one carrier sunk by German subs in the Irish sea...

Monty was killed... This terrorist leader flee into the montains, but was hunted by germans AF in coordination with a gound commando...

Uk corps under attack by germans army in north England... One uk corps destroyed, 2 german armies next to Edinbough now...

Italian messing in Afirca as usual...

Bagdad still holding, another FF corps down to 1...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germans take Edinburgh, killing 2 uk corps there... More toops landed : Panzers enjoy very much the green grass...

Corps around London getting hits...

Termination of British terrorists around Bagdad still going on slowly...

Italian doing some damages to African British troops, nothing major...

Toke me a bite of time to play this turn, as I had to read all the topics on URSS readiness to be sure to safe the few perc I needed smile.gif ...

Corps killed in UK, others under attack, AF moved to Scotland, landed one more HQ in England...

Nothing new in Africa...

Finishing to kill the remaining Brit in Irak...

Russia dowed Germany... They are facing the german army ready for a limited Barbarossa...

In England, almost 2 corps destroyed, German next to Manchester now...

Nothing in Africa... Brit ran away from Gib this turn...

In Irak, one Brit corps get a hit of 1, as every turn... Only 3 uk there now all between 2 and 4...

They ar killed by a german AF in the city, a german army and a Italian corps both in the desert...

anyway this game is a copy of our first game which ended in a draw (only because i did the usual stupidities like leaving sweden and med cities undefended - this won't happen again i promise you ) - my succesful sealion was not enough to win the game with all those red corps sailing all over the map ... your Reds were unable to break the double row corps defence in the east ... remember? Maybe Dessy will be able to crush you after UK falls ... Man you deserve a beating for Desert Storming poor iraqis so early in the game --- gogogogo Desaix :D:D:D

After heavy bombing, German panzer enter in Manchester...

Nothing in Africa... Ususal skimrich in Irak, some Russians are coming from the north...

On the Poland border, germans attack back Russian, one tank down to 2 and some armies weakened...

Russian have sent corps to threaten mine in Sweden... Some corps are waiting for them there...

April 1942

Great month today :

London falls after heavy bombing and Rundsted lands victoriously in Buckingam ! England surrenders, royal family sent to St Helene island...

That very same month all english are killed in Irak but now Russians are coming....

It is the end of an empire and the begining of a new one it seems smile.gif ...

Thank you Sombra, it was one of the most stressfull SC game I ever played, I enoyed it very much...

I learnt a lot in this game and Allies had not much bid as far as I remember... I should now be able to play Axe around 200 bid now and be a decent oponent...

I should fix my tcp/ip connection soon, I will keep you informed...

Desaix

[ November 24, 2004, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Desaix ]

congratulations to Desaix for beating the Bra-man ;)

Good game and nice AAR folks

Dessy - u'd better fix that tcp/ip stuff of yours, PBEM sucks :(

I formally challenge you (obviously i have to challenge since u scored against sombra and I did not...so far :D ) to a mirrored game - intermediate player to intermediate player.

This should be fun ;)

Well, it was an extremly fast game withn Desaix for a PBEM game. We were able to exchange up to 3 turns a day few times less then two.

Mistakes I made:

- My med guard fleet got into strike distance of the german AFs by Rome. I didn´t register that Desaix had developed LR. => Besides he had build an itlain sub and repared his battelship. I didn´t thought that he would have the money to do it. My med fleet got sunk leading directly to my second problem => I wasn´t able to conquer Irak due to bad dice rolls and mostly to the aggressive defense with many landing corps and armies destryoing slowly my siege troops in the dessert.

2 Mayor battles with ships in the north of England. First I tried to take out the german baltic fleet group and got hit back, 2nd I tried to take out a german sub north of scrapa flow. The sub survived with strengh 1 and though my ships were in spooting range and could be taken out by the german AFs in Norway.

I started to research early but hadn´t had any luck regarding JT or LR. Still Desaix neither had exceptional luck in tech though the game was mostly decided be the strategic errors I made.