Desaix vs. Sombra PBEM

Sombra

1 round:

Bid 1:5:20 Desaix Axis with a bid of 150 MP only rule no RRI (RamboRomeInvasion)

The allied headquarters announces:

Cowards attacked brave polish troops unaware. Southern polish army slain and breakthrough of the german troops. Warschau under attack. Allied troops build a defenseline from north to south to limit the acess to the capital. No reinforcements for the lost polish cause.

German HQ +Tank +Army and 2 corps moved up the Dutch border. Still the Dutch refuse allied help to defend their homeland. Dutch prime minister says Germans are NOT the enemy of the dutch people.

German raiders are searched in the Atalntik.

German AF attacks French army at Dutch border.

Allied troops move in defense position.

No attack on Ireland, no attack on Denmark made.

[ November 08, 2004, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 2:

Warschau surounded: Will fall next turn I think.

NL fallen, defending army on Dutch border hit hard by tank, Denmark attacked down to 5 by axis navy and german corps.

Allies attack Iraq. Conquer Cologne. Nearly loosing a corps trying to knock out the attacking tank and found the subs...

Yes, Sombra is the most agressive Allies player I have seen so far...

Good defense of Poland (as far as it is possible I mean)... But strange attack on Irak, not sure this option to be wise on the long term...

Breakthrougth of French army (250 mpp) in Germany interesting(?!?) but not realy bothering...

Will be a tought game it seems...

3 Round:

Perhaps to aggressive from my side. Army from Köln attacked without damage for the enmy and heavy looses for my side : "Ouch"

Polen fights another day.

Denmark fights another day.

Lines in France reinforced.

Subs are playing forever underwater.

Round 4

Fall of Poland

Bombing and damaging the French line of the border to warm them up

British still practicing the landing sport in Dunkerque are... They seem to enjoy it a lot as corps are landing non stop on this hex...

Slowly weakening the German army in Koln

I guess Dow on Irak is called the GWBush gambit : after any air attack on France, just Dow Irak to get vengeance ! smile.gif

Desaix

Turn4

Allies need the oil ;)

Well Denmark fights on. Carriers are looking for new hunting grounds and Brits are visiting France and the Iraq

French are reinforcing the troops at the Dutch border and Köln.

Poland surrendered . They fought well.

Turn 5

Copenghagen cleared to be invaded next turn

French army in Cologne now cut from supplies and weakened again

One French army killed at the French border

Irakis very surprised to see British toops passing around... "Walawalah, zis Uropeans r wirrdoz..."

Desaix

Well, not a round of success for the allies for sure: Landing corps was knocked down to 6 trying to weaken a tank, shore bombardement was as sucessless. British roops have taken control of the oil fields in Iraq.

German invaders are now in FRANCE. Köln reinforced perhaps they will fight another day there. More troops bought in Britain and France.

Turn 6

Danemark conquered

German army in Cologne destroyed and city takem

Starting to work on the English meat : one Uk corps destroyed in France...

So far game goes as usual on the French front.

Desaix,

Commander of the evil coalition : Germany and Irak

Some french captains will be sold to the "Fremdenlegion" for the fatal attack on a german corps. No more landing on the ellbow hex. German corps survived at strengh 1. grrrr.

At least my fleet can start to shorebomb the germans a little bit....

Germans had to move forward. In selfdefense the allies declared war on Italy.

1 Army + 5 corps land on italian beaches to take southern part of Italy. The italian fleet is hit hard by the combined french and english fleet.

Before Paris a german tank is destroyed and the defense ring around Paris is closed again.

Well, I thougth we were not using landing on dow... Bah, it doesn't change much things, as there is not much to do to prepare against this anyway... I guess the good news is I will be able to use Riga gambit and Russian airfleet attack with landings... :rolleyes:

Tank destruction next to Paris was a risk, that I though was worth for gaining an ealy entry of Italia. I was not expecting massive land on Italy dow... Learning the game tricks now hehe :rolleyes: ...

German troops next to Paris again, should fall in around 2 turns.

Some troops sent to Italy with HQ to clean it...

Italian navy completly trapped by UK/FR and all Italian ports taken by UK on dow... Italian Navy figthing back the Biritsh ships before their final destruction...

I guess Allies startegy is to comit everything in short term game to stop Germany rigth away... US at -11%

Hi Desaix, sorry I thought it was clear that DOW on major with landing was allowed. This is why I asked you in mails regarding the rules and wrote all allowed only RAMBO ROME IVASION forbidden.

Like you already said the the WR of the US at - 11% and the troops I had to commit to this undertaking are the disadvantages of this strategy.

;) It is a strictly long term game I am planning for since the I intend to take over ITaly tongue.gif

[ November 15, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

Ah the famous pizzaconnection slugfest from Sombra :D

Dont worry Desaix send down a HQ and a couple of AF´s either sicily or rome also if this would delay france and trash his fleet. You will loose Tripoli as well so research immedeately LR and roll up africa from the utmost western city. You wont be able to make it to irak but to seize egypt and suez should be possible. When Barbarossa kicks off do as much damage as posssible and then go into defence position or let even russia DOW you to delay USA as long as possible (dont DOW Vichy). And then go for this damned teadrinker. :D gl